charlie Jatinder

11-14 Weekday Thread | Featuring Future BOFFY Award Winning Meltdown of Our Fallen False God

13 minutes ago, baumer said:

Don't even talk to you anymore dude. You say that people don't know me like the way you do outside of the site lol give me a fucking break. You don't know me at all. You think you do and you think I'm a bad person because you've gone out and taken four shots and I won't take one because I've done the research on it. And don't talk to me about Empire I know exactly why he got kicked out for 2 months. I have read the problem is he shouldn't have been kicked out because you can't or shouldn't kick somebody out because he has a different opinion than you do. My God you're a lost soul dude. I used to like you as well. Nothing but disrespect towards you now as well. You're actually a microcosm of what's wrong with this site. Thinking only your opinion matters and anyone who expresses something differently it should be vilified for it.

tenor.gif%20

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Amen brother. Great post Baumer. This is not right

If Eric can not see that, he is not the right man for this job and should step down from his position

This 100%

Eric was a great member of this community and I had a lot of related discussions with him and he loves movies and I'm sure he's a great guy in real life but he is definitely not running this place properly. I don't know what qualifications he had to be the site admin or whatever his title is but he definitely lied on his resume.

I want you guys to know, the members here, I like 99% of you and I get along with 99% of you and I love the banter back and forth and I love it when people don't always agree with one another because if everyone agreed life would be boring and we have nothing to talk about. So if I get my wish and I get kicked out and my account is locked nothing but love for most of you guys you guys have been almost like a family to me some of you for like I said 20 years. 

But I guess at some point you got to take a stand and draw a line in the sand. If I don't see you guys here I know some of the members have gone over to world of KJ and I'll probably be there as well.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

worldofkj? Did KJsooner or later make that?

No it's been around as long as this place but it's got a sliver of the posts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

This 100%

Eric was a great member of this community and I had a lot of related discussions with him and he loves movies and I'm sure he's a great guy in real life but he is definitely not running this place properly. I don't know what qualifications he had to be the site admin or whatever his title is but he definitely lied on his resume.

I want you guys to know, the members here, I like 99% of you and I get along with 99% of you and I love the banter back and forth and I love it when people don't always agree with one another because if everyone agreed life would be boring and we have nothing to talk about. So if I get my wish and I get kicked out and my account is locked nothing but love for most of you guys you guys have been almost like a family to me some of you for like I said 20 years. 

But I guess at some point you got to take a stand and draw a line in the sand. If I don't see you guys here I know some of the members have gone over to world of KJ and I'll probably be there as well.

I think you will get banned for a while. But life goes on in the real world. Im not around much too anymore. I dont like it as much here as in the MOJO days and the first few years. Back then you could streach your wings and be different. 
Today its law and order.

Have a nice life B. Whats left of it for old geezers like us

• Like 6

This place was far more fun back in 2015-2018, the moderation and control rose and rose.  However, there were meltdowns everywhere. It was pretty crazy but that was what made it good 🤷‍♂️

now sometimes i get warning on the basis of a believed intent behind a post, rather than the content of the post. Feels like walking on egg shells sometimes.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, fmpro said:

I think you will get banned for a while. But life goes on in the real world. Im not around much too anymore. I dont like it as much here as in the MOJO days and the first few years. Back then you could streach your wings and be different. 
Today its law and order.

Have a nice life B. Whats left of it for old geezers like us

Yeah I'm not here much anymore either. And yeah we go way back to the mojo days and back then we were allowed to express opinions even if people disagreed with it. And without getting to hyperbolic, it honestly seems like you have to tow the line here. There's certain things that people are comfortable with and if you go or deviate even just a tiny little bit outside the lines and you become a pariah and you get points against you and then eventually you get banned.

So yeah it's been a great 20 years and people like you and litany of others is why I have coming back. So all the best you as well my friend.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Oh and don't worry mods, I had a discussion with Shawn once there won't be a second one. He knows how I feel and it's completely up to him with what he does. So feel free to keep running the site into the ground. Maybe one day there'll be no members here or at least no original members and maybe that's what you guys want.

24 minutes ago, Legion and Thunder said:

I do feel like the mods are sometimes a bit on the restrictive and overly censorious side recently (say, past 1-3 years)

….buuuuuuuut how hard is it not to go on a rude condescending insulting rant all over the weekend thread when you’re at 8 points. Not hard. I’m all for getting a little feisty sometimes but EC often didn’t know when to rein it in or let it go. 

Yeah, this. There’s a line between being a sarcastic SOB, which can even be amusing if you’re not on the receiving end - “locked” anyone? - and just being a condescending, antagonist jerk. That line was crossed on Sunday night, entirely unprovoked, which is why there was such a massive response, both from the users and later from the mods 

If someone wants to opine that the moderation is too sensitive/restrictive that’s a reasonable debate, but at 8 warning points a user should have a pretty good idea of what posts/content will be flagged by mods. Jumping over that line with both feet left no other recourse

• Like 12

If Empire didn't provide early numbers would people still be against the ban? 

When I am in lurker mode which is 95% of the time then I would selfishly say unban since I just want to see the numbers post and then leave. 

But if I were a really active user I would also be annoyed since the guy doesn't know how to control his posts and comes as overly aggressive and annoying at times. 

Then again you could argue that is what makes the forums entertaining. 

However if someone is getting seriously hurt and offended then I also sympathize even if I know it wouldn't make me angry personally, we all have different mental capabilities. 

I guess what I am saying is I understand both sides and just hope everyone can get along. 

• Like 1

Crossed how? People posted a Taika and Tessa joking about the VFX, Taika's own editing and Tessa's own acting from like 45 second clip of them just goofing around and then there was a storm of posts like "Keep it in house!" and "VFX MCU people are the most overworked people evah!" and he spat back and then like dozen people attacked him. And, if definitely got a bit out of hand on both sides.

I'll take EC's occasionally diskish, condescending posts because he brings a lot of insight often with them and he's not always like that... They're far more engaging than lame "flopping! but I'm kidding" posts and "movie theater's are doomed!" posts that are and were all over the place here. I'll take condescension and antagonism (within reason) over what are essentially thinly veiled trolling posts here that amount to absolute zero. Most of these are straight up "my movie's better than your movie so I'll lightly troll yours" nonsense that's straight up boring.

But, again, the overwhelming majority of the posters here are great. EC brings spice. EC champions theaters more than anyone here (almost to a fault). And, EC, others too, were fully on board with movie theaters making a comeback, backed it mostly with facts and a little bit of insider stuff and was proven absolutely right so far.

I'll miss him.

Baumer... Don't go anywhere... We need you here if your taste is generally bullshit outside of Jaws. 😉 Haha. Kidding of course, I remember your top whatever lists you'd put together and the discussion they'd generate. I miss those too even I didn't agree with them.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

It's wrong to just keep things going because EC brings valuable info. 

Like i said i have nothing personal against him, but let's be honest, the only reason he act with condescending tone is because he knows most people will take it exactly because he have essential infos for us. 

The co-existence of people on a forum depends of everyone trying to follow the rules and respecting each other even when there's disagreeiment. 

Bringing him back despite several warnings and conversations (that he don't care apparently), will only make him believes he is indeed above all of us and keep acting the same way.

2 months pass quickly, we have other members that sure will help to compensate the lack of his infos.

Why has been banned EMpireCIty? i didn´t know it...

11 minutes ago, Jonan23 said:

If Empire didn't provide early numbers would people still be against the ban? 

When I am in lurker mode which is 95% of the time then I would selfishly say unban since I just want to see the numbers post and then leave. 

But if I were a really active user I would also be annoyed since the guy doesn't know how to control his posts and comes as overly aggressive and annoying at times. 

Then again you could argue that is what makes the forums entertaining. 

However if someone is getting seriously hurt and offended then I also sympathize even if I know it wouldn't make me angry personally, we all have different mental capabilities. 

I guess what I am saying is I understand both sides and just hope everyone can get along. 

Dude's aggressive. He's a lot. I don't think you can separate it. He's aggressive with his early numbers. Aggressive with his support of theaters. Aggressive in debate. Aggressive in his confidence of his opinions. It's who he is... Definitely some stuff is goofy... The whole kissing Thor's pecks being especially silly. But, most of the warning points he seems to get are borderline at best.

Anyway, things will cool down. Baumer will stay around and EC will likely be back sooner rather than later. Every time he's banned there's a back and forth like this one. It's the annual airing of grievances here. Lol.

Image tagged in festivus - Imgflip

• Like 2

Y’all do realize EC wasn’t banned because of one post and rather this just being an accumulation of him getting warnings right? Or the fact that this isn’t his first rodeo getting banned, in fact getting away with the same behavior last year that put him in this predicament now right?

Look at the end of the day, differences are what make us a thriving a forum but you don’t get a free ride and continue to break the rules just because you provide us the source. 

• Like 5