charlie Jatinder

11-14 Weekday Thread | Featuring Future BOFFY Award Winning Meltdown of Our Fallen False God

I mean, forum rules are forum rules and everyone should be equal before them. Ofc ill be sad too that we wont get his early numbers for atleast 2 months now, but its not like this place has an obligation to treat him in a special way just because he has insider info.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Eric Odinson said:

EmpireCity already had 8 points to his name at the time, largely due to posts that exhibit an aggressive, antagonistic behavior, but what gave him those two final points and a two-month suspension was his post that went after users upset over the mistreatment of VFX companies. This led to a condescending post that directly attacked the BOT community, especially our younger BOT members that was absolutely unnecessary. He insulted and mocked people here who were frustrated over the alleged crunch issues the VFX industry faces in major Hollywood movies, especially from Marvel, resulting in a rant about younger people and how they refuse to work, even stating that young people have nothing to complain. This made a lot of users very uncomfortable and angry at somebody who is already a controversial figure here on the forum.

But that's not the main issue here. Rather, EC derailed the thread into a gigantic flame war right under the staff's noses. The staff was asleep and unable to stop this from happening, was a clear offense against our own guidelines, and we felt this was perhaps the worst instance of something that had been happening for a long time. His condescending and aggressive attitude towards users was all right here, and he has shown no signs of improvement, even when staff members have told him to knock it off. And since he was already close to 10 warning points, we had to give him a suspension.

This decision was a tough one for the staff, but we felt it was for the best that he was suspended and away from the boards for a while. Either way, we hope that when EmpireCity does return and gives us his always valuable presence and information, he's more cooperative and willing to at least compromise with the staff, even if he may feel we were out of line in some way.

You banned Empire 2 months for that post which turned into people defending VFX artists? You guys are insane, seriously that is the stupidest suspension I've ever seen. He was expressing an opinion on the subject he didn't insult anybody he just said that people don't know what it's like to work hard for a living. You guys are....I don't get it you guys have gone way too far you guys don't know how to run a box office site this is not what you guys are supposed to be doing. It comes across to a lot of us that you guys are power hungry and I know how ridiculous that sounds because it's just a box office site but I think you guys are not quite understanding what it means to express an opinion that not everyone is going to agree with. You don't ban somebody for that.

Eric me and you used to be pretty cool.... I used to talk to you all the time you helped out a lot and finished the history of amazing box office which I started but I feel like not that I knew you really well back then but I don't even know you anymore dude. I don't like what the staff has done here and I don't like what this site has become.

Rth isn't here anymore, have you ever wondered why he doesn't come here anymore? I know him a little bit outside the forums and I can tell you he's expressed me as well that this isn't the same place that it used to be. And now you go and kick out empire. What's next are you going to piss off Charlie one of these days too?

Edited by baumer
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 11
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1
  • Knock It Off 1

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

You banned Empire 2 months for that post which turned into people defending VFX artists? You guys are insane, seriously that is the stupidest suspension I've ever seen. He was expressing an opinion on the subject he didn't insult anybody he just said that people don't know what it's like to work hard for a living. You guys are....I don't get it you guys have gone way too far you guys don't know how to run a box office site this is not what you guys are supposed to be doing. It comes across to a lot of us that you guys are power hungry and I know how ridiculous that sounds because it's just a box office site but I think you guys are not quite understanding what it means to express an opinion that not everyone is going to agree with. You don't ban somebody for that.

Eric me and you used to be pretty cool.... I used to talk to you all the time you helped out a lot and finished the history of amazing box office which I started but I feel like not that I knew you really well back then but I don't even know you anymore dude. I don't like what the staff has done here and I don't like what this site has become.

Rth isn't here anymore, have you ever wondered why he doesn't come here anymore? I know him a little bit outside the forums and I can tell you he's expressed me as well that this isn't the same place that it used to be. And now you go and kick out empire. What's next are you going to piss off Charlie one of these days too?

They banned him because that mess took him up to 10 warning points, it wasn't an isolated incident. For someone that prides himself on doing the research, you don't seem to know how to read. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, baumer said:

It comes across to a lot of us that you guys are power hungry and I know how ridiculous that sounds because it's just a box office site but I think you guys are not quite understanding what it means to express an opinion that not everyone is going to agree with. You don't ban somebody for that.

I could not agree more.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

They banned him because that mess took him up to 10 warning points, it wasn't an isolated incident. For someone that prides himself on doing the research, you don't seem to know how to read. 

That attitude you are having towards baumer right now is exactly what got Empire banned, according to the mod team. I guess you would be okay with getting warning points/banned for that since you seem to agree with their actions.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, The Gotham Bank said:

That attitude you are having towards baumer right now is exactly what got Empire banned, according to the mod team. I guess you would be okay with getting warning points/banned for that since you seem to agree with their actions.

I'll take this one as a badge of honour 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ahh I remember when it wasn't cool to dare to go against a purple user and everyone would freak out at me for potentially ruining the inside info stream. All we have to do is wait 18 hours to get the same number...

I think i might be more contrarian than I thought, i want EC back now you want him gone

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Wouldn't it be more prudent to just delete the off topic posts that offend the mods or other users than ban someone that brings in early numbers? A weekend/weekday thread without early numbers is like soda that's gone flat. Just my 2 cents, please don't ban me. 

• Like 3

I do feel like the mods are sometimes a bit on the restrictive and overly censorious side recently (say, past 1-3 years)

….buuuuuuuut how hard is it not to go on a rude condescending insulting rant all over the weekend thread when you’re at 8 points. Not hard. I’m all for getting a little feisty sometimes but EC often didn’t know when to rein it in or let it go. 

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Don't even talk to you anymore dude. You say that people don't know me like the way you do outside of the site lol give me a fucking break. You don't know me at all. You think you do and you think I'm a bad person because you've gone out and taken four shots and I won't take one because I've done the research on it. And don't talk to me about Empire I know exactly why he got kicked out for 2 months. I have read the problem is he shouldn't have been kicked out because you can't or shouldn't kick somebody out because he has a different opinion than you do. My God you're a lost soul dude. I used to like you as well. Nothing but disrespect towards you now as well. You're actually a microcosm of what's wrong with this site. Thinking only your opinion matters and anyone who expresses something differently it should be vilified for it.

• Like 5

Wait??? EC is banned? Wt actual fuck. I mean, sure, you can make the argument that he's condescending and a bit of a dick, but he IS the most valuable poster here, no doubt. No offense to Charlie or Rth (who's here like 4 times a year). Purely from a numbers perspective he's the most engaging user here. Of course that doesn't give him any right to be rude to others. These next two months are dead at the BO and they're gonna be deader than usual here because of this ban.

• Like 12

And here's another wake up call for some of you idiots. Saying something like "I think part of the reason why Lifht year failed to find a massive audience is because there's a gay kiss in it" is not gay bashing it's stating an opinion asked why the film failed. Anything that is said here that comes remotely close to being interpreted as gay bashing or not being 100% on board with the gay movement and people get vilified for that as well. There are so many problems at this site.... in fact you know what guys why don't you just go ahead and ban me for life. I don't want to be here anymore but this place is like an addiction cuz I've been on these forums in one way or another for 20 years. Just kick me out lock my account and don't ever let me come back because that would be better for everybody I fucking hate what this place has become I hate the way you guys run it and it's not that the mods are a little bit restrictive as some people say they've gone way way fucking overboard.

• Like 8
  • Astonished 3
  • Sad 2

46 minutes ago, baumer said:

Amen brother. Great post Baumer. This is not right

If Eric can not see that, he is not the right man for this job and should step down from his position

• Like 7