charlie Jatinder

11-14 Weekday Thread | Featuring Future BOFFY Award Winning Meltdown of Our Fallen False God

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

TRUE i think, you looking forward to december Charlie?

I do.

Feels surreal that we're finally getting a sequel of a 10+ years movie. So hyped for Puss in Boots The last Wish

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

34 minutes ago, M37 said:

which can even be amusing if you’re not on the receiving end - “locked” anyone?

That was funnier when you *were* on the receiving end though because you had the satisfaction of being right :hahaha:

Edited by Legion and Thunder

6 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Y’all do realize EC wasn’t banned because of one post and rather this just being an accumulation of him getting warnings right? Or the fact that this isn’t his first rodeo getting banned, in fact getting away with the same behavior last year that put him in this predicament now right?

Look at the end of the day, differences are what make us a thriving a forum but you don’t get a free ride and continue to break the rules just because you provide us the source. 

Absolutely aware. Respectfully saying and I think others are saying too that a good portion of those warning points he accumulated were borderline. Obviously, the other portion were very much well earned and deserved though.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Are people able to distinguish when someone is being critical or antagonistic towards a subject or topic and not toward the person speaking making a point on that topic?

Here's the thing: when one is "being critical or antagonistic towards a subject or topic", and does so in a manner that includes negative, sweeping and unverified generalizations about groups and individuals, presented as cold hard facts rather than personal opinion, then in reality it's taking a swipe at many people, not just a single person - its actually far worse

We talk a lot in these threads about demographics, a subject in which I have a fair amount of nuanced expertise, and I go out of my way to choose my words carefully in those discussions, to avoid exactly those types of connotations. Like there's a distinction between talking about horror as a genre being known for having great walk-up sales and the factors that underlay that trend, and making an assertion presented as fact about Nope and why its particular audience may purchase tickets later than say Elvis (that I'm not even going to attempt to articulate)

• Like 7

You all can bring back or ban EC all you want, it doesn’t bother me since he is on my ignored list for the longest period of time. I don’t need his number. All I need was more patience to wait for the numbers. Still, I believe he makes thread unique and alive although it has been quite a while since I last seriously read his responses. 

Also, the system design here is flawed, you can ignore a poster but you will still see their response when someone else replied to them, rendering the ignore function to useless since the most unwanted comment generally attract most replies. 

Lastly, the posters here actually are much more well-behaved when I first joined but somehow the number of moderation posts is skyrocketing high. The moderator here surely live up to their name, in a quite literal way.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Thor 13.5
Minions 8.2
TGM 2.45

+11% (below JWD +16%, Ant & Wasp was +43%)

+30% (matching Minions 2nd Tue, but below DM3's +54%)

+20% (Best Tue increase of run)

Looks to be some effect of the increased discount Tuesday. And Thor vs Minions2 total DOM is going to be a close race, prob edge to Minions

Edited by M37
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Is it given that Minions beats Thor domestically? Possibly, but it could be a close race. Don't think either reaches 350m though.

TGM still has a shot at 700m. It might not get there without re-release, but let's not forget that market is nowhere near being fully recovered, there is no competition and should get PLF back in August, it's going to be at theatres for a while.

Well, I called it last Tuesday before Thor's open...so of course it's gonna happen:)...

(PS - Please don't take this seriously.  I got nothing yet proving it will happen except my say so, so if you say it won't, I'll say you might be right, too:)...

• Like 2

Just because Empire had points accumulated against him doesn't mean they were justifiable. I've been debating with Empire for almost a decade now. Or half a decade or however long he's been here and we've had some aggressive back and forth and I've never once felt that he was insulting me or anybody else at the forums.

Do any of you guys remember the Rogue one will finish under $450M thread? Do you want to see back and forth between me and him go there. And again never once did I ever want to run to the mods and cry about him having a different aggressive opinion than I did. I'm going to sound like the grumpy old man here but you guys got to learn the difference between someone expressing a different opinion and someone being a little bit antagonizing as opposed to someone who's insulting and deliberately going out of their way piss people off.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Knock It Off 2

14 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Absolutely aware. Respectfully saying and I think others are saying too that a good portion of those warning points he accumulated were borderline. Obviously, the other portion were very much well earned and deserved though.

That’s thing though, EC could’ve said his opinion once and just let it go last weekend in the thread. EC chose not to, EC chose to continue to fan the flames and double down. He did this himself.

4 minutes ago, M37 said:

+11% (below JWD +16%, Ant & Wasp was +43%)

+30% (matching Minions 2nd Tue, but below DM3's +54%)

+20% (Best Tue increase of run)

Looks to be some effect of the increased discount Tuesday. And Thor vs Minions2 total DOM is going to be a close race, prob edge to Minions

Is there a chance that Thor ends up doing less than JW D even in lifetime despite having a free run for months.

I thought it might've lost the weekend but can cross lifetime due to no competition.

5 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Well, I called it last Tuesday before Thor's open...so of course it's gonna happen:)...

(PS - Please don't take this seriously.  I got nothing yet proving it will happen except my say so, so if you say it won't, I'll say you might be right, too:)...

I expected 13M+ Monday and 15M+ Tuesday for Thor so looking more and  more likely by the day. But, time will tell...

• Like 1

virgin EmpireCity getting banned for lame generalizations of 20 something year olds vs chad Pink getting banned for accidentally posting in a thread he was threadbanned in.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 9
  • Haha 27
  • Astonished 2

1 minute ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Is there a chance that Thor ends up doing less than JW D even in lifetime despite having a free run for months.

I thought it might've lost the weekend but can cross lifetime due to no competition.

That's been locked since Thor's OW weekend. Dinos always have better legs than supers... Well, almost always. "Bad" legs for a Jurassic movie are like just under 2.6... Well, at least, that's the worst legs one has ever had and it's JWD. Of course, they're not bad. It benefits enormously from the OG flick and literally there big zero other dino franchises with the closest thing being Godzilla v. Kong which released 16 months ago. If Thor... Or, Batman... Or, Strange... Or, whatever was first major budgeted superhero anything in the last year, it would inflate its legs too. Jurassic will end up similar legs to Batsy... Do people actually think Jurassic has similar positive but not stellar WoM Batman had? Nah. It's a summer releases and people like great looking dinos chomping and stomping. 

And, while Thor has a free run... Jurassic did have Father's Day, Juneteenth and the 4th of July. And, as mentioned, zero other monster/dino flicks with a mega budget released in the last year and a third which helps it terms of "If I don't see this dino movie, when's there gonna be another one?" It's more shocking to me that Jurassic won't cross 400M than Thor not crossing 350M. 

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

but you guys got to learn the difference between someone expressing a different opinion and someone being a little bit antagonizing as opposed to someone who's insulting and deliberately going out of their way piss people off.

"The vast majority of you have never been through a truly hard work day in your lives."

"Mommy and daddy have taken care of most everything"

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Its all there in black and white, and some of ya'll just don't want to see. Anyway, I'm through with this topic, what's done is done

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

No chance it catches JWD: MCU is naturally more frontloaded, and Thor won’t have Father’s Day and July 4th week to help boost numbers 

The top 3 for summer is locked - TGM, DS:MoM, JWD - the race is between Thor and Minions for the 4 & 5 slots, then a massive drop-off to whatever hits ~$150M for 6th place 

• Like 1

I'm the worst with this stuff. I generally don't care what people post so long they don't completely ruin a thread. i far worse than whatever happened in that weekend thread for like only two or three pages of posts. If that's done, just ban 'em . Otherwise, like my mom used to do when my brothers and I got out of hand in the back yard scuffling as kids in the summer, take out garden hose and spray us down so we cool down.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Are people able to distinguish when someone is being critical or antagonistic towards a subject or topic and not toward the person speaking making a point on that topic?

THIS. Although he could be antagonizing, I don't think he went overboard and insult anyone in particular in that latest work related topic of discussion. 

I'm not sure how things were moderated here in the past, but I received warning points for being a troll (!), because I indicated that the trope of the angry/strong black lesbian in movies  is a stereotype that does not do justice to the LGBTQ community. And I'm gay.

• Like 3