charlie Jatinder

11-14 Weekday Thread | Featuring Future BOFFY Award Winning Meltdown of Our Fallen False God

11 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Suspensions usually start with 1-2 weeks and then every subsequent suspension increases in lenght (1-2 weeks then 1 month then 2 months, 6 months, etc). 

EC has been suspended before and his last suspension was 1 month hence the current suspension being 2 months. That is the rule for every user on the forum no matter who they are.

@The Dark Alfred we had just as many people complaining that he is getting special treatment because he provides numbers a little earlier. If we were to reinstate him those users would then be rightly upset. The best thing to do would be to apply forum rules equally

I didn't know about all the previous suspensions (I just knew about the overturned one), so if 2 months was next up, then I actually do agree, even though it's harsh, that it's proper b/c that last thing you wrote is one of those Mastercard commercial lines - priceless.

I guess it just sucks he was that close to start with...but then again, while we didn't know he was, he did...

Edit to Add: And now that I see the baseball bat comment, I'm amazed that wasn't 10 pts straight up, so you know what - you can ignore everything I said before this post b/c you guys had more patience than me, b/c that "never seen" post would have been the insta-suspension for the 10 pts from me.

Edited by TwoMisfits

I don’t think the suspension should be reduced, but I do think it would be interesting to be a bit laxer overall. I am sympathetic to the “this place was a toxic mess in 2018 and more aggressive modding put out that fire” line of reasoning, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s still needed or that the pendulum can’t swing too fsr the other way. SW hasn’t had a movie in 3 years (and none on the horizon for like… 3 more?), not exactly a high intensity topic right now. Marvel v dc, not exactly a high intensity topic right now. Killing of the fanboy war thread may have helped there too, but I think a large part is just time and distance.   

I know modding involves a lot of tough judgement calls and I’m not saying people should just be given a blank check to derail and abuse other posters, but I also feel like there’s more of a mods vs (significant subsections of) users vibe around here recently which has a negative feedback loop in terms of good behavior. On the other hand, there is potential that raising the bar for what gets people two points would just result in some people pushing the line further, getting about as many warnings in the end but with more unwarned bad behavior along the way. Maybe hand out 0 point warnings liberally to let people know they’re heading toward the danger zone and need to cool off or find a new topic.

I’unno, it’s tough. Just some thoughts.

Edited by Legion and Thunder
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

For instance one of the warnings EC got was for telling some forum users to get fucked by a huge baseball bat. You won’t see that post because it was hidden. 

Holy moly 😬

sometimes the judgement calls aren’t hard at all :hahaha:

Edited by Legion and Thunder
  • Like 5
  • Haha 5

16 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

For instance one of the warnings EC got was for telling some forum users to get fucked by a huge baseball bat. You won’t see that post because it was hidden. 

OKMogWM.gif

1 hour ago, Cap said:

image.gif

Grey Man (your profile pic) reportedly cost 200 mil. I hope it delivers and how stupid of them to waste it in a tv movie. This should have played in theaters.

Edited by Xavier
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Legion and Thunder said:

I don’t think the suspension should be reduced, but I do think it would be interesting to be a bit laxer overall. I am sympathetic to the “this place was a toxic mess in 2018 and more aggressive modding put out that fire” line of reasoning, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s still needed or that the pendulum can’t swing too fsr the other way. SW hasn’t had a movie in 3 years (and none on the horizon for like… 3 more?), not exactly a high intensity topic right now. Marvel v dc, not exactly a high intensity topic right now. Killing of the fanboy war thread may have helped there too, but I think a large part is just time and distance.   

I know modding involves a lot of tough judgement calls and I’m not saying people should just be given a blank check to derail and abuse other posters, but I also feel like there’s more of a mods vs (significant subsections of) users vibe around here recently which has a negative feedback loop in terms of good behavior. On the other hand, there is potential that raising the bar for what gets people two points would just result in some people pushing the line further, getting about as many warnings in the end but with more unwarned bad behavior along the way. Maybe hand out 0 point warnings liberally to let people know they’re heading toward the danger zone and need to cool off or find a new topic.

I’unno, it’s tough. Just some thoughts.

Here’s the thing: when moderation is working well, and the more obvious trolling and out of line posts are largely taken care of by being hidden/warning points/users removed, then what remains visible are more in the grey area, less obvious calls, so it appears as though moderation is being more “sensitive”, when it’s really just a smaller slice of the overall process 

That there was so much BS before I why I mostly a lurker, not a poster 

EDIT - case in point

43 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Just want to point out one more thing. I saw people commenting that they dont see what is wrong with many EC posts. That is because most of the bad posts are hidden by mods before giving a warning. That is why you don’t see some of the more problematic posts. 

Edited by M37
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, BruiseCruise said:

Aggregation from an offhand podcast comment on the ringer. Is this actually news or banal description of studio requirements applied to most films where director is forced to fight for a longer cut. Basically, is this a pro-forma contractual demand or is it a demand Marvel made to cut down the film after seeing an initial draft of it? 

1 minute ago, Borobudur said:

If you wish to delete a post, just comment something nasty and mod will do it for you. 

I was trying to make a dumb joke about me and a baseball bat and I messed up the quote so it didn’t show up AND NOW MY DAY IS RUINED IS EVERYBODY HAPPY NOW

4 minutes ago, BruiseCruise said:

Impossible 

2 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

If you wish to delete a post, just comment something nasty and mod will do it for you. 

12D