YM!

Wish | Walt Disney Animation Studios | November 22, 2023 | Chris Pine plays a baddie DILF, new trailer has dropped, reactions are reactions

48 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, maybe there is something to Aquaman and the cool factor still selling to the younger male audience...

What about to the moms though? I’m only asking because Aquaman actually had a very high female audience and a lot of that seems to have been women thirsting… Was the Amber drama enough to drive them away, I wonder?

46 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

What about to the moms though? I’m only asking because Aquaman actually had a very high female audience and a lot of that seems to have been women thirsting… Was the Amber drama enough to drive them away, I wonder?

I don't see Aquaman reversing DC's trend of losing women...it will likely do better than the 2023 DC offerings, but worse than Aquaman 1 did for female viewers.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Arlborn said:

Wonka will steal them away. Ladies love them some Hugh Grant, and he’s playing his sexiest character yet.

image.jpeg

• Heart 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Eric Fazbear said:

Wonka will steal them away. Ladies love them some Hugh Grant, and he’s playing his sexiest character yet.

image.jpeg

He's definitely one of the reasons my 300M Wonka club exists! Love me some late career Hugh Grant. (and early career too if I'm being honest, anybody who was part of Notting Hill is ok in my books)

On 10/27/2023 at 4:36 AM, Eric Fazbear said:

Been thinking for a while this had the chance to be the biggest movie of the holidays. I don’t think it will make Frozen or Zootopia numbers, and maybe it’s just my social circle which is biased towards Disney Adults/animation fans, but it’s been getting the strongest promo I’ve seen for an original Disney animated movie since probably Moana, even getting a boost from Disney 100/Once Upon a Studio stuff. It also helps that this is taking from the most successful, most iconic, most loved form of a “Disney movie”. Princesses, castles, catchy songs, cute sidekicks, the whole nine yards. Just need that good ol' 85% on Rotten Tomatoes and a bunch of "Disney does it again" review quotes, and we're golden.

There’s even kind of a nostalgia effect going on where the kids that saw Tangled and Frozen back then are now old enough where they can go all “OMG MY CHILDHOOD” for a Disney movie that’s just like what they saw as kids...that feels very weird to write.

Yeah I’m happy they’re positioning this as the next great disney animated event - similar to Frozen. I haven’t seen them this aggressive since 2013.

Also, the early screening on Nov 18 screams confidence in Disney’s part in terms of the quality. And their animated tentpoles (The Lion King, Frozen, Pocahontas) all had early screenings which posted HUGE numbers.

Hope this truly breaks out. This Wish is an impressive song!

34 minutes ago, Dingdong said:

Also, the early screening on Nov 18 screams confidence in Disney’s part in terms of the quality. And their animated tentpoles (The Lion King, Frozen, Pocahontas) all had early screenings which posted HUGE numbers.

Did they? Wow, didn't know it went back that far (and probably farther)!

3 hours ago, Morieris said:

Did they? Wow, didn't know it went back that far (and probably farther)!

yeah...

But there's no way that Disney's going to get a million from one Radio City Music Hall like they did for TLK. Or Central Park for Pocahontas.

This is a completely different context that that

This Wish is going to hit 1M views on Youtube tomorrow as well as 1M listens on Spotify. We likely won't see immediate traction for a song until closer to or just after release. Either way, that's pretty good traction.

• Like 2

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

Come on man. You know the answer is no

I know it was dumb to ask, but this isn't the normal right-wing boycott. This is a left-wing boycott, so I feel like it has... more heft behind it than a right-wing boycott...?

That said, I think boycotts are a fool's errand, so I'm not the best judge of this stuff.

That trailer isn't new, I definitely remember seeing the Mirabel part earlier this month.

Don't worry, tomorrow is our weekly "The 15 seconds of this song sound really weird" to "oh the full version is okay, I guess." pipeline discussion.

• Haha 2

is the "100 years in the making" tag-line a totally superficial piece of marketing or is it actually reflected in the movie in some way? 

Edited by interiorgatordecorator