YM!

Wish | Walt Disney Animation Studios | November 22, 2023 | Chris Pine plays a baddie DILF, new trailer has dropped, reactions are reactions

I dont see mediocre reviewed Disney Animation to play like an illumination movie. In this environment families would just wait for it to hit D+. Presales for early shows tomorrow look meh to me. Worse than Trolls(which itself did not have good previews). But the discount tuesday will be the big day and then there is holiday weekend. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

I always thought it looked derivative, but usually critics eat up mediocre Disney movies like Ralph 2, Brave, or Raya. I am really curious as to why that didn't happen this time.

Honestly, think it’s because of the rough year this year. Some feel like they can more easily go for the kill without much flack. Stuff like Marvels and QM probably would’ve been in the IM2 level of reviews if they came out 5 years earlier.

2 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I dont see mediocre reviewed Disney Animation to play like an illumination movie. In this environment families would just wait for it to hit D+. Presales for early shows tomorrow look meh to me. Worse than Trolls(which itself did not have good previews). But the discount tuesday will be the big day and then there is holiday weekend. 

Disney has a brand and reputation so their is a higher  internal sub conscious expectation

Illumination animation really targets kids specifically. It just knows how to make fun entertainment for kids to enjoy.

Other than first minions which is the most nothing movie  ,can't comfortably watch the rest , it's like animation junk food .

Pixar and WDAs are not this . 

15 minutes ago, YM! said:

Honestly, think it’s because of the rough year this year. Some feel like they can more easily go for the kill without much flack. Stuff like Marvels and QM probably would’ve been in the IM2 level of reviews if they came out 5 years earlier.

I've literally rewatched IM 2 this week and I really can't tell where it is supposed to be better than Quantumania besides expectations I guess.

I suppose we are all sharks who smell blood in the water every so often in our life.

Edited by Arlborn

5 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I've literally rewatched IM 2 this week and I really can't tell where it is supposed to be better than Quantumania besides expectations I guess.

I suppose we are all sharks who smell blood in the water every so often in our life.

IM2 is one of my worst MCU movies but it's miles better than Quantumania.

Tony's acting alone ,storyline with his father, hammer 's comedic timing are way better than anything quantumania can master up.

Not an MCU thread . But for me the notion that critics harder on it is there to an extent but it's gets a little overexxagerated . The quality has dropped we would be seeing a more clearer divide btn audience and critics . But when critics and audiences agree on the same negative  outcome ,there is something wrong with your product.

This has more negative reviews registered on RT in 90 minutes that Moana did in the last 7 years, and we haven't even hit 40 reviews yet.

GA will probably be warmer to this than critics, but this is pretty awful start in reviews for WDAS.

6 minutes ago, Mr Impossible said:

All that matter is if families like it. I saw on Wikipedia that the budget for this thing is $200M? Is that actually real because this movie looks cheap. I would’ve thought around $50 million budget from the trailers. 

That hand drawn 2D water colour aesthetic combined with the 3D CG doesn't come cheap.

21 minutes ago, Mr Impossible said:

All that matter is if families like it. I saw on Wikipedia that the budget for this thing is $200M? Is that actually real because this movie looks cheap. I would’ve thought around $50 million budget from the trailers. 

Best case scenario is this pull a The Greatest Showman and legs out through the holidays like crazyyy despite the middling reviews

31 minutes ago, Mr Impossible said:

If that $200M Wish production budget is true, Disney's theatrical division is gonna have a loooonnng discussion on Dec 1 after this month...