YM!

Ticket to Paradise Weekend Thread (and also Black Adam): Adam 67 (Rock's biggest leading debut), Paradise 16.3, Smile 8.3, Halloween 8 (80% drop!), Lyle 4.2 | Banshees 45K PTA, second-best of the year

28 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Will likely be around a 66-67M opening. Should lead to an O/U 175M finish depending on the second weekend.

Second weekend will probably see a big drop, as pre-Halloween is usually softer for box office. Third weekend should have a good hold from the weaker starting point though … then comes BPWF

12 minutes ago, VENOM said:

Season finale didn’t crack the top ten. Actually I think it’s only ever appeared once in the top ten and it was in 10th.  

it appeared 4 weeks in a row, with strong numbers for a 30min comedy series

and nielsen is yet to provide the data for the last 3 episodes

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Verified audience has risen back to 90% and all audience is at 91% .

Having just watched the film it's messy but surprisingly fun. It's basically like the first venom but imo think it's slightly better because Dr fate character was good . Wish we had more time with jsa outside of Dr fate they feel underdeveloped.

Action was well shot but the editing at parts was a nightmare.

Surprisingly thought third act was the best part. The first two acts were messy and all over the place and really dragged down the movie.

Sarah shahi and the kid should have been cut out,they whole plot was cringe.

Edited by Liiviig 1998
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, divesyn said:

it appeared 4 weeks in a row, with strong numbers for a 30min comedy series

and nielsen is yet to provide the data for the last 3 episodes

A lot, and I do mean a lot, of these problems would be solved if

A] Nielsen broke down views per episode instead of doing "all episodes" views.

B] Break down number of people viewing episodes instead of reporting total minutes watched.

C] Had more than a Top 10.  If we can't have a Top 50/Top 25, even a Top 20 would be better than what we have now.

As it is, shows which are on either the binge model or are longer in length or have a bigger back catalogue get disproportionate coverage on the Nielsen Top Ten.    As do shows that drop multiple episodes at once.  Meanwhile shows which are smaller in length get screwed.

I do get that knowing the total amount of minutes viewed of a total catalogue has merit.  A great deal of merit, aksually.  But given a choice, I'd rather have info on each individual episode as it airs (on a D+7/+14/+21  model if needed/necessary) and then a yearly/seasonal report that gives catalogue info. 

It's what we've had in TV for ages and it doesn't make a ton of sense to measure new series as a catalogue model, even though I understand why it was initially reported like that (especially when the binge model ruled the day on the streaming end).

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Verified audience has risen back to 90% and all audience is at 91% .

Having just watched the film it's messy but surprisingly fun. It's basically like the first venom but imo think it's slightly better because Dr fate character was good . Wish we had more time with jsa outside of Dr fate they feel underdeveloped.

Action was well shot but the editing at parts was a nightmare.

Surprisingly thought third act was the best part. The first two acts were messy and all over the place and really dragged down the movie.

Sarah shahi and the kid should have been cut out,they whole plot was cringe.

Everything about BA remind me of Uncharted. 41% range of critics RT score versus 90% verified audience score. Both have a B+ cinemascore. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, YM! said:

Yes, I’d love a She Hulk movie. The show is like top 3 in Phase 4 and probably the second best series.

I think it’s the best series they’ve done so far. 

4 hours ago, VENOM said:

Season finale didn’t crack the top ten. Actually I think it’s only ever appeared once in the top ten and it was in 10th.  

Huh? It’s been top 10 four times and two weeks ago it was #5. Only 6 eps have been reported on Neilsen so far, still 3 to go, including the finale (there are 9 eps). 

Anyway, that’s a great Saturday for Black Adam. 

• Disbelief 1

It’s crazy how stupid WB’s is.. they would rather spend/lose 200million on an unknown superhero so that they could realise they would have been better off spending it on a MOS sequel in the first place. 

16 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

If you read the posts above, it was top 10 for 4 weeks, it still has another 3 weeks of the show to go. It was number 5 just two weeks ago. 

It’s averaging about 11-13m viewers a week. 

I can read thank you :) 

Like I said it started off outside the top ten for its premiere which is the worst performance for a marvel show to date then only got as high as 5/6 and has been trending down ever since. Last week it was 10th and this week it’s completely out. Not a good sign for anyone who’s paying attention to how this is playing out.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, VENOM said:

It’s crazy how stupid WB’s is.. they would rather spend/lose 200million on an unknown superhero so that they could realise they would have been better off spending it on a MOS sequel in the first place. 

damage if they screwed up supes again = very expensive

35 minutes ago, YSLDC said:

So, Worldwide Shazam made 366M from a 159M opening weekend.

How much is Black Adam going to make from a 140M opening weekend worldwide? Let's assume there's no China release.

In terms of Warner Bros? -150m

WW 330m

Edited by VENOM

2 minutes ago, excel1 said:

damage if they screwed up supes again = very expensive

If they finally start treating Superman like there MVP with a proper MoS sequel centred around him than this mistake of a movie will be forgotten.