Eric S'ennui

THE OFFICIAL BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER WEEKEND THREAD | 181M OW

3 minutes ago, Verrows said:

Hopefully the morons at Disney don't go FULL moron and they let this play out.

Well best comp we have is Eternals which they put on D+ Jan 12. Hopefully they give this one longer. I am expecting almost them putting Strange World on D+ during Christmas like Encanto and hold off Wakanda Forever but who knows with Disney.

9 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

Well best comp we have is Eternals which they put on D+ Jan 12. Hopefully they give this one longer. I am expecting almost them putting Strange World on D+ during Christmas like Encanto and hold off Wakanda Forever but who knows with Disney.

I think they'll want to keep this in theaters through MLK weekend (a week later than Eternals).

6 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

Man gotta feel bad for Top Gun Mavericks team, their two biggest competitors have open runways for weeks on end while TGM got swamped by big time competition 

I don't feel too bad. It was their decision to release it at the beginning of the summer gauntlet (I know in the cinema world the first weekend of May is considered the opening of summer but I consider Memorial Day weekend to be that).

At least in the markets I'm looking at (Canadian), WF can certainly surpass 80% of MoM's Thursday box office with these walk-ups (29M equivalent). Heck, if these numbers translate across the board, I wouldn't be shocked if this comes close to 30M on Thursday. And this is in CANADA, where the first BP wasn't nearly as big as it was in the States!

Caveat, Remembrance Day may be causing Thursday to behave slightly more like a Friday night than usual, something which MoM didn't have. Still, really impressive numbers so far. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

A if it holds, A- if it drops a bit which is possible. Would need to go up to hit A+, would be pretty tough but still at a low enough vote count that I guess it's technically possible. 

Its current letterboxd rating of 3.8 pointing towards A+ score. 1st one had 3.7 rating.