Eric S'ennui

A Very Queer Thanksgiving Weekend Thread | We Here. We Queer. Move On. | 3-Day/5-Day: Black Panther 45.9/64, Strange World 11.9/18.6, Glass Onion 9.2/13.3, Devotion 6/9, The Menu 5.2/7.3 | Daddy Cameron, please save us!

Just now, AJG said:

I am telling you: I'm really struggling to find a worse Verified Score for an Animated movie. People do not like this film at all.

Screenshot-2022-11-24-at-00-56-20.png

There's no possible way the film is that bad. There has to be a glitch or something.

When you open the verified reviews, there's a lot of unfortunate homophobic reviews. A friend of mine on a Discord server said there was a dad who forced his family to leave a screening of the movie once a gay character showed up. Really pathetic.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Eric Clade said:

There's no possible way the film is that bad. There has to be a glitch or something.

Like... people must be in the cinema flipping over the popcorn in rage because there's just no way:

Screenshot-2022-11-24-at-01-02-53.png

Edited by AJG

Just now, datpepper said:

When you open the verified reviews, there's a lot of unfortunate homophobic reviews. A friend of mine on a Discord server said there was a dad who forced his family to leave a screening of the movie once a gay character showed up. Really pathetic.

I hate this stupid fucking country so fucking much. There's no hope for a good future anymore.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, AJG said:

I am telling you: I'm really struggling to find a worse Verified Score for an Animated movie. People do not like this film at all.

My old stand by for worst movie concept ever gets there...

Nut Job 2: Nutty By Nature - 14% from critics and 44% from audiences.  Not sure if we have lower for a true mainstream animated release...

EDIT: I spoke too fast - 2017 was an epic animated year.  Nut Job 2 was surpassed by the Emoji Movie - 6% critics and 37% audience.  Of course, both of these movies were before you had to be verified to review, so review bombing was possible...

Edited by TwoMisfits

14 minutes ago, Eric Clade said:

Its not a glitch and deep down you know why it is getting that audience score. I agree it sucks but that is the reality we live in. Hopefully things will improve.

Edited by CJohn

8 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Nut Job 2: Nutty By Nature - 14% from critics and 44% from audiences.  Not sure if we have lower for a true mainstream animated release...

EDIT: I spoke too fast - 2017 was an epic animated year.  Nut Job 2 was surpassed by the Emoji Movie - 6% critics and 37% audience.  Of course, both of these movies were before you had to be verified to review, so review bombing was possible...

They were def review bombed.

im going through RT searching for theatrically released cartoons from after the last half of 2019 to now. The pandemic really fucked up release schedules so the releases are lower.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AJG said:

Like... people must be in the cinema flipping over the popcorn in rage because there's just no way:

Screenshot-2022-11-24-at-01-02-53.png

Imagine seeing the shooting from this past week and feeling the need to crap on a movie because it dare to have someone gay in it. There's bad people and there is whatever the hell this is.

3 minutes ago, Eric Clade said:

How did 55% of critics look at something that awful-looking and go, "yeah, that was fine"?

The power of Gangnam Style (only outside the US). If they had included it in the US version, it would have got 110%

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Its not a glitch and deep down you know why it is getting that audience score. I agree it sucks but that is the reality we live in. Hopefully things will improve.

I really hate that you're right. This and the Colorado situation are giving real "guess I'll never have a boyfriend" vibes. Obergefell's going to die any minute now too. Can't wait for the meteor to kill us. Only way bigotry will die.

28 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Even with those movies audience score was higher than the critic score.

2 minutes ago, Eric Clade said:

I really hate that you're right. This and the Colorado situation are giving real "guess I'll never have a boyfriend" vibes. Obergefell's going to die any minute now too. Can't wait for the meteor to kill us. Only way bigotry will die.

The question is whether Clarence Thomas dies before Obergefell or not. Pretty much need Thomas and Alito to pass away in the next 2 years.

Just now, grim22 said:

Apparently Gangnam style is used outside the US in Hotel Transylvania 4 as well

Why is this a non-US thing specifically? Like...America went nuts over this song back in the day. I was there. Was Gangnam Style just an even bigger deal elsewhere?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eric Clade said:

You will and you will be very happy with whoever you end up with. I am certain things will change even if it takes a long time and that we will likely be all dead by then. I personally hope for a better future.

• Like 1