Eric S'ennui

***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER SPOILERS THREAD ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***DID WE MENTION SPOILERS?????***

24 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Did anyone else laugh at the fountain of youth whale goo being worth only 80 million dollars? 

It also seems like a weird thing to add in a movie that already has immortality science with the whole "back up your save and upload it to a new body."

• Like 1

Neytiri didn't get much to do besides be angry and indignant until her Ripley riffs at the end and Jake had somehow become more of an empty cup lunkhead than he was in the first movie.

I would've ditched that whole sibling rivalry subplot along with the older brother as a character. Wasn't particularly interesting and he got killed off at the end anyway. I'm not as high on Kiri as everyone else seems to be though I guess she's probably gonna get the meatiest arc in the long run. Did like Tuk, enjoyed her Newt energy even if she was in the background most of the time, and I assume she will also get more development in future sequels.

5 hours ago, Deep Wang said:

It also seems like a weird thing to add in a movie that already has immortality science with the whole "back up your save and upload it to a new body."

Is that really immortality though? A clone with your memories is a lot like you but without the actual transfer of consciousness your original mind is still gonna kick it.

$80m did seem low for something supposedly paying for everything though lol

22 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

I guess the will be deserts and snow 

I searched about Pandora's geography and clans. The moon has deserts, wetlands, plains, mountains, etc. I haven't read anything about the polar regions, though. It's the clans that interest me. There's a lot that we haven't seen yet. There is even a clan of warriors.

1 minute ago, kayumanggi said:

I searched about Pandora's geography and clans. The moon has deserts, wetlands, plains, mountains, etc. I haven't read anything about the polar regions, though. It's the clans that interest me. There's a lot that we haven't seen yet. There is even a clan of warriors.

Well mountains may have snowy mountains too.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AniNate said:

Neytiri didn't get much to do besides be angry and indignant until her Ripley riffs at the end

Got to admit, I did feel like Neytiri was weirdly almost entirely sidelined until near the end. Guessing she’s more integral to the third film considering Zoe Saldana’s comments about preferring Avatar 3.

• Like 1