Eric Prime

A2 WEEKEND THREAD | 134.1M DOM OW | Thurs 17m / Fri 36m / Sat 45m / Sun 36m

How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?

40 minutes ago, Cap said:

Okay let’s get back to this—

• “I am gonna stay in a public palace, I feel safer” — if only we all felt that way
  • And, NeverMind, spoke too soon
  • Yay! Techno babble exposition 
  • YES GIRL. BITE HIM. GET AWAY FROM THE CRAZY MAN!!!  
  • Got to hand it to Gale Anne Hurd, she called that the The Internet is gonna kill us in the 1980s
  • Even if I don’t think that’s how nuclear fall out works
  • @Plain Old Tele Oh, look, a woman who is only important for her child bearing skills 🙃
  • Thank you, we are out of the car. Finally.
  • I totally get why the sequel was like “What if we make this all about Arnold” 
  • I looooooove the criminal psychologist. What bed side manner 🤣
  • LOL “probably on PCP”. 
  • HE SAID THE THING! 

• What is with you people from California complaining about it being cold?
  • NO DOGS 🤬
  • Oh look, it’s only 30 minutes left so we need them to have sex now. 
  • This sex scene is going on too long. 
  • It’s nice to know sex unlocks your inner bad ass
  • One and done, folks. This is why you always use protection!
  • Wait… what did she say! Let me turn on my CC
  • lol. Good line.
  • YES! She got a dog 🥺🥺🥺

This is fine. I am ready for T2 and everyone to level up. Gail’s presence/fingers over everything are much much appreciated, and made Sarah feel like a more rounded and complete individual. I think I would be more Fuck Yeah about it if I bought more into Sarah/Kyle, which is the crux of the thing. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Re: the economy, it’s interesting that the cinema used to do well when times were tough as it was seen as cheap entertainment. I can’t speak for everywhere, but in the uk there’s no one who still thinks that’s true. It’s a borderline frivolous luxury now, no doubt in part because streaming is the alternative.

Ticket prices have become truly ridiculous. Especially with this surge pricing stuff. 5 years ago, I could watch a movie for 5 bucks if I went at the right time. Now, the cheapest price at the same theater is a 11.50.

26 minutes ago, BluKyberCrystal said:

Ticket prices have become truly ridiculous. Especially with this surge pricing stuff. 5 years ago, I could watch a movie for 5 bucks if I went at the right time. Now, the cheapest price at the same theater is a 11.50.

Yep. I'm finding it harder and harder to defend theatres to people with these prices.

6 minutes ago, Nero said:

Oh damn how did I forget that 🤣🤣🤣. Avatar 3 less than JWD then xD

Which woudnt be a shame. Its not easy for any movie to reach the quality and monetary heights of Dominion.

5 hours ago, The Dark Alfred said:

All these years waiting and Cameron can't write a had decent story and his ego wouldn't allow others to correct him. If I want to see great visuals, I watch an IMAX doc get into a VR meditation app. For one of the most expensive films ever made, one would expect an engrossing story. We go to cinemas for great stories. Sad not to get it. Let's bring TGM back for PLF screens mid January.

TGM have a basic script just like Avatar lol 

I was not even say anything because i don't have anything to do with your dislike for Avatar, but saying blockbusters should have super engrossing stories and using TGM as an example is just... 

TGM is an exceptional movie, it's emotionally very engrossing... Story - wise? It's just an political ambiguous mission that needs to be done despite difficulties and personal issues and it never goes beyond this.

This is a simple as it can get, which is the case for most blockbusters, Avatar is not the exception here despite everyone online keeps treating as an anomaly.

• Like 9