Eric the Minion

A2 WEEKEND THREAD | 134.1M DOM OW | Thurs 17m / Fri 36m / Sat 45m / Sun 36m

How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Yeah but you're also a troll who just acts like a dick about everything Avatar related 

I don't know why you think im a internet troll for disagreeing with you. Heck I don't think you know what an internet troll is. I've never said the film would make under 1 billion. 

On 12/14/2022 at 3:37 PM, ThomasNicole said:

I'm just praying for like 140M at this point, let's see. 

Also planning some offerings to see if the cosmos could help to go higher despite all the signs saying otherwise.

Oh, it will do better then 140 Million OW.

But it will not come close to making what the original did.

20 minutes ago, Korra Legion said:

The dec 16 date was obvious untenable, but dec 21 would have been workable. Puss in some ways more of an issue (more direct demo competition)

Avatwo seems like more of a threat than Puss. Though it’s a counter programmer, it’s only to a certain extent as it’s still a CBM. It wouldn’t have gotten any PLFs that drive the OW. At absolute best, it shares one and gets bad showtimes like 10 am and 10 pm, and delegated to medium screens.

Edited by YM!

Gonna entertain a worst case scenario and map out a weekend from the last "Return to X fantasy world" December release that happened to come out in high frame rate... THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY

17m previews 

31.55m true Friday 

36.28m Saturday (+15% true Friday / -25% Friday)

25.76m Sunday (-29%)

110.6m weekend

Hobbit's Sunday was hit by an insane midwest blizzard... assuming a Sunday more in line with holiday tentpoles from the last 5 or so years, and a Saturday bump that reflects Way of Water's more matinee-friendly runtime:

17m previews

31.55m true Friday

37.86m Saturday (+20%)

33.59m Sunday (-11.3%) 

120m weekend