Eric is Quiet

A2 WEEKEND THREAD | 134.1M DOM OW | Thurs 17m / Fri 36m / Sat 45m / Sun 36m

How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?

49 minutes ago, Alligator Zatt said:

Thanos Legion was a regular here before you were here, Junior.

I... am 95% sure this isn't true? I joined for BP OW sat iirc and I believe Eric was already a regular.

50 minutes ago, Alligator Zatt said:

It’s the biggest film franchise in planet Earth and rightfully so.

Indisputably (well, biggest part is indisputably. Rightfully I mostly agree with (phase 4 less so) but is very disputable))

50 minutes ago, Alligator Zatt said:

Good luck keeping movie theaters lights on without them.

Yep

1 minute ago, Menor Reborn said:

I think it's perfectly fine to take a break if the numbers are getting you down honestly, I do that on occasion. 

This is why I skipped the OW threads for all the MCU movies this year. Didn't want to look at disappointing results. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

I think it's perfectly fine to take a break if the numbers are getting you down honestly, I do that on occasion. 

Especially if its a movie youre really passionate about. I talk from experience as well ...

KOTM :sadno: and Dominion was also not super easy this year.

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

It's funny that I was recently looking for my original Avatar prediction and I knew I mentioned Rogue One, so imagine my surprise when I found a post of mine quoting you talking about AM&TW making like $500m lol.

He underestimated it by 20%, truly an impartial forecaster

Let the daily showdown commence!

Daily water temperature will be either COLD or HOT, depending on whether AVATAR gains on TGM or not.

SEA LEVEL is AVATAR's currect deficit to TGM.

WATER FLOW is AVATAR's projected final tally based on the daily % gain versus TGM (if the trend were to continue, will do weekly average once we're further into the run)

WATAIR DOMESTIC CROWN BATTLE  - AVATAR 2 VS TGM

DAY 0 (PREVIEWS): AVATAR 17m (ESTIMATE)

DAY 0 (PREVIEWS): MAVERICK 19.26m

WATER TEMP: COLD (-2.6m , -12%)

CUME: AVATAR 17m (ESTIMATE) VS MAVERICK 19.26m

SEA LEVEL: MINUS 701m

WATER FLOW: 632m

Personal note: I want TGM to win, but I also want this to be a great showdown, so hopefullty AVATAR 2 will do 650m+

Edited by The Dark Alfred
  • Like 7

8 minutes ago, Eric The Last Airbender said:

Objectively not true. Literally one click on my profile shows I have been here since 2014 and I have regularly posted since 2016. Click on his profile and it says he joined in 2018. So this doesn't work.

I'm sorry for being harsh and mean in my observation, but this does not give you the right whatsoever to condescend and disrespect the staff. Do this kind of disrespectful nonsense again and you will be threadbanned. Your choice.

Well, if "the staff" will gratuitously attack a regular that is two years his senior on the board, proceed to "apologize" and then threat me of a threadban, please be my guest. If showing off your authority will make your weekend, please do it because clearly it won’t be Avatar. To quote Thanos, I don’t even know who you are. If you want me to respect you, try at very least not gratuitously attack me out of absolutely nowhere and with no good reason. 

11 minutes ago, Korra Legion said:

I... am 95% sure this isn't true? I joined for BP OW sat iirc and I believe Eric was already a regular.

Indisputably (well, biggest part is indisputably. Rightfully I mostly agree with (phase 4 less so) but is very disputable))

Yep

I’ve been around since 2012, earlier on Box Office Mojo. I swear I thought you were from the old gang, I legit don’t know who is this new person.

10 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

They were probably bored to tears. 🤪 Jk. I haven't even seen it yet.

Nah, it is the social stigma that have little tolerant to slowness or taking time. I saw people  complaining BPWF was boring and I was so clueless although I acknowledge there are parts in the movie were going slow. We are in the generation where patience is phasing out from society.

This is why drama never made big BO anymore in theater, everyone wants everything to be on high speed.     

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alligator Zatt said:

Well, if "the staff" will gratuitously attack a regular that is two years his senior on the board, proceed to "apologize" and then threat me of a threadban, please be my guest. If showing off your authority will make your weekend, please do it because clearly it won’t be Avatar. To quote Thanos, I don’t even know who you are. If you want me to respect you, try at very least not gratuitously attack me out of absolutely nowhere and with no good reason. 

Try being a constant active member before you try pulling rank on a mod

• Like 3

Why all this talk of seniority all of a sudden. Seniority doesn't mean shit, many of the most valuable members of the community are relatively new and that is exactly what you'd hope from a healthy community.

Spoiler

Besides, obviously what really counts is a combination of raw post count and reactions/post :redcapes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrPink said:

Declaring this victory for my guy Porthos

That's nothing.  Check this out from a month ago:

On 11/23/2022 at 3:20 AM, Porthos said:

You know, I think I realized in the last couple of days what would be THE single most irritating result for A2 domestically.  At least for me.

Something like, oh I dunno, 135/775 or 140/800.

Low enough in both OW and total as to not reach the expectations of the most fervent fans.

High DOM total, but not high enough to resolve what the overall ceiling of the franchise is currently.

Strong enough legs to all but ensure that we get TWO MORE YEARS OF THE ***EXACT SAME DISCUSSIONS*** as we've had the LAST ELEVEN YEARS with nary a resolution in sight.

*remembers he has this penciled in around 725-750 DOM total, but without a clue as to how it gets there*

That's exactly what's gonna happen, isn't it? :whosad:

E4MrQ7lXoAoJka2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Astonished 1