Eric is Quiet

Weekdays Thread (12/19-22) | Avatar: The Way of 14.5 | Mon 16.2, Tue 18.3, Wed 14.3, Thu 14.5| Puss 3.2 OD | Check In For Your Hourly Weather Update

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Easily.  Well, after a quick check I didn't see any others that came close.

Also don't forget though, that even as recently as 2019, we had Daily threads for the weekdays.  Only real reason they stopped (besides @sfran43 not being around to create them) was lack of traffic during the pandemic and post-pandemic.  Had more than enough interest to have them again this week, but I suppose we've kinda fallen into the Weekly Thread pattern.

Bringing back dailies during runs that warrant it and/or BOT traffic reaches a point where they make sense again is probably a question directed toward @Cap , @ZeeSoh@Eric in Boots or other members of Staff. :)

Yeah I remember, that's why I specified post-pandemic since the weekdays threads pre- and post- are so different lmao. We definitely had some pre-pandemic weekdays hit 100 I think.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StreamBO said:

There were critics hinting about the possible reception.

I think Babylon is a flop out of the gate. Not me or my wife or folks i know online are talking about that confusing looking mess. Trailer guys need to be fired. 😂 

Ow= 12-13m. Kal feels audiences will  pass on this one folks🤕

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Update
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonan23 said:

Babylon I feel is the type of film that really needed rave reviews from critics to be a box office hit

I know right and who the heck approved that trailer. Looked horrible. I'm going to watch something for 2hrs about deeply depraved fools and actors totally allowed to indulge their craziest impulses on camera and think that makes a movie my family and others will flock to see? I love how they basically said A2 and Puss in boots take our money

Trust Me Love GIF by Puss In Boots

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Now this isn't to say it can't be done, especially with the help of scrapers/automated loggers or sticking to a much smaller sample of theaters.  In fact, I think someone is softing that they're doing just that, but I'll let them talk about it more and not speak for them.

But when it comes right down to it, daily tracking presents a different level of challenges than tracking previews or even individual OW days.  And since we have Jat who has access to Comscore, there hasn't been as much of a demand for daily tracking. 

I have been doing so with being able to automate the run of a particular chain, which has helped estimate hourlies which is why I had been giving numbers. Just didn't post a number today because not sure about differential impacts of storm by region. 

Edited by Menor Reborn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

I do know some folks like @katnisscinnaplex and @Inceptionzq take a look at the 1st weekend numbers more often than not from markets they cover, but I think even they'd agree that it'd get waaay too tedious for far too little gain for them to track new releases on a daily basis, especially with new arrivals happening constantly.

Yeah it’s hard enough to count everyday leading up to release. No way would I count daily.

I actually did count some days after OW for TRoS and NWH, but that was just out of personal curiosity and having the benefit of being on Winter Break. Don’t think I ever posted any of them.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

I have been doing so with being able to automate the run of a particular chain, which has helped estimate hourlies which is why I had been giving numbers. Just didn't post a number today because not sure about differential impacts of storm by region. 

Yeah, I didn't want to speak for you as you've been a little circumspect about exactly what you were doing, so I thought I'd leave the floor to you to do so and say whatever you felt comfortable saying. :)

(especially after the... confusion the last couple of days might have made)

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

I think Babylon is a flop out of the gate. Not me or my wife or folks i know online are talking about that confusing looking mess. Trailer guys need to be fired. 😂 

Ow= 12-13m. Kal feels audiences will  pass on this one folks🤕

Trailer did a pretty good job since the film is pretty much three hour extend edition of the trailer 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Nero said:

Avatar: The Way of 14.5 :ohmygod:

Until those xmas Holiday  weekend and day and new year days. MWAHAHHHAH

" To Live Here You Have To Rideeee!!"

Wknd2 :82m, lowend 68-71( storms we defy you!!)

Jake Sully Pandora GIF by Avatar

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Editing post