Issac Newton

Christmas Weekend Thread | Avatar 95.6m, PiB 20.05m, Babylon 4.85m 4 days

10 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Jesus Christ, this is horrific. I'm watching it today and will reserve judgement on the movie itself for now because I don't trust critics. 

I saw that Margot Robbie was attached to House of Gucci. I wonder if it would have bombed with her. 

• Like 1

I got absolutely eviscerated two weeks ago for predicting a $382 million finish for Avatar. I’m not waiting for any apologies.

That is a miserable number for Babylon. My dude has really fallen off a cliff since La La Land. First Man was stale, and now this…

Edited by KlapEastwood

2 minutes ago, KlapEastwood said:

I got absolutely eviscerated two weeks ago for predicting a $382 million finish for Avatar. I’m not waiting for any apologies.

The weird thing you don't seem to grasp is that the film still isn't trending for that. Like XXR told you, you can be bearish on the film all you want but the feasibility of the numbers you are predicting still is not there.

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

2015 was a great year at the box office. It had amazing movies like The Big Short and Inside Out, medium sized movies that did respectable business as well as huge special blockbusters like The Force Awakens, Age of Ultron, Fast and The Furious 7 and Minions. Hmm not many other good and big blockbusters though apart from the 4 I mentioned

The Big Short is legitimately unwatchable, and the box office of that is acceptable but nothing amazing, especially for that time 

• Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 4

20 minutes ago, Legion in Boots said:

SM4 will probably do some 600 DOM

... did we not just learn from BPWF (and probably Avatwo) about not using a lightning in a bottle one-off run as a baseline for setting expectations?

Maybe you can set a target at ~$500M with some carry-over from NWH, but that was IMO much more a confluence of events - and characters - than a new normal for Spidey, which hasn't cracked $400M without the assist from Tobey and Andrew

Once again, not a single MCU film has grossed between $460M and $620M (BPWF might push up that lower bound a smidge, this is an old graph), and I would expect SM4 to revert back to Tier 2 form

xHM2heM.png

Do I need to go start another club? 😜

• Like 7
  • Disbelief 1

6 minutes ago, KlapEastwood said:

Dude it going to be over that number by the end of New Years wekend.

And people pulled you up on your 1.1bil WW predicition.

Both numbers werent said with any reasoning behind them either, except something you WANTED to happen.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KlapEastwood said:

That is a miserable number for Babylon. My dude has really fallen off a cliff since La La Land. First Man was stale, and now this…

By next weekend Avatar is going to be close to if not over 300 million.   Not sure it’s only going to have 82 million left in the tank.  Especially with no real big competition until Ant-Man

2 minutes ago, eridani said:

So, given the storm AND xmas, are saturday NUmbers expected to be weaker than Fridays? And then are sunday numbers expected to bE somewhere in Between of friday and Saturday?

SAT should drop 30-40% and SUN will be higher than FRI, how much higher it's hard to know since FRI and SAT will be deflated because of the storms 

(Some can argue even SUN can be hurted a bit tho)