Issac Newton

Christmas Weekend Thread | Avatar 95.6m, PiB 20.05m, Babylon 4.85m 4 days

7 minutes ago, Legion in Boots said:

RO admits are basically out of reach. Even Jumanji is tough

Oh no question. Everyone just needs to take a good look at their theatres during a blockbuster weekend. Whatever the numbers, theatres aren't truly packed anymore. At least the kind of packed that drives those high admissions of the past.

While it will most likely wont overtake RO admits i think that there should be some more uncertainty for that number. For one cause while it will have fewer repeat viewings compared to the original we dont know how much better it can do on that front compared to other blockbusters after the first week. Pulling numbers out of my ass but 7% of individual viewers watching it again for an average of 2.2 times compared to 3% for a Star Wars movie would mean an extra gain admits in the 1-2 million. I imagine tho more repeat vieweings are already included as a factor in projecting legs vs comps. Also WoM has the potential to kick up a bit more than expected when people get back to their jobs and non family social circles after the holidays.

Edited by Gkalaitza

So, if Avatar 2 is to reach 600m DOM it needs to first make up about $24m to catch up to Rogue One and then outgross it by another $67m, that's over $90m all in all, no chump change. Personally, at this point, i have some doubts that it is going to do that. So far, it is losing some days and winning other days, showing no signs of clear legs advantage. And the longer it takes the more difficult it gets because grosses get smaller and smaller. The next few days will be crucial...

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

What's with people fascination for admissions. It is the $ that matters. Fuck admissions. If you have both then great, but I will always take raw gross over other criteria. Like a typical baniya of India.

Well raw gross is what people who have actually invested money will get back. But admits are kind of good in gauging the trends of box office and Audience.

Admits is good for Online Discussion, but at the end of the day, how much money you're getting in your investment is what matters for the studios.

So it's both, we can here in this platform, discuss about the admits and there in their offices, the executives can count gross they are getting.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

What's with people fascination for admissions. It is the $ that matters. Fuck admissions. If you have both then great, but I will always take raw gross over other criteria. Like a typical baniya of India.

A typical baniya of India won't be happy getting ₹1000 in 2022 if he lend the same amount in 2016.

He will like to have ₹2000 for that ₹1000 after 6 years.

• Like 1

I wake up at like 4AM with a hacking cough. Hang out sick in bed for a good half an hour cause Judy is sleeping, and I know if I’m gonna take the meds, make myself to

tea, or do anything she’ll wake up. And then we’ll have to go outside. And I don’t want her to wake up and I don’t want her to go outside.  

Spend 10 to 15 minutes late night doom scrolling trying to figure out why I have a cough. Because the meds I’m taking are not helping.

I have a panic attack over the idea that maybe, what if, am I allergic to the dog? I text my friend on the West Coast in a panic. She reminds me that over 1 million people currently have the flu/Covid/RVS, and it’s winter, so why are you blaming the Cute beautiful puppy? It’s not her fault.

I concede that fact, admit that it was just the crazy lunacy what happens when your brain doesn’t get enough oxygen because you’re coughing so hard. 

I concede that I need to get out of bed, take some more medicine, and make myself some tea. Judy wakes up. We go outside.

While I’m breathing in the night air, enjoying the cold temperatures, the true Epiphany hits me. We go back inside, and I text my friend.

You’re right. The dog is innocent. This is clearly my body telling me it doesn’t wanna go see Avatar today.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Astonished 2

A lot of talk about whether or not this beats Titanic, which I find funny cause Titanic is re-releasing in theatres in a very big way for its 25th anniversary on Feb 10th of 2023. Surely that’s going to add a lot to its total, moving the goal posts quite a bit. 

2 hours ago, Alexdube said:

Guys please stop downplaying Avatar's run with this admission talk...

I know those chanting downfall have lost.

Now we see if walkins pickup and tons of families come in now that storms and more premium viewings are available. Alex we can definitely still hit 650-700+ mil. Lets see what weekdays and weekends bring. 

3D and 4dx are still selling out in our city, and man it's looking good.

What were the numbers for Monday?

Going to be funny if we see a 50-60m Wk3 🦝😉

Hahaha, the way they're acting you'd think any of their films this year or Last is beating Avatar2 with its 2.2-2.5bww ride

Ahh, but this guy and pandorians have to settle things out for the other but smaller crown.  We haven't adjourned yet.

We are coming for you

"LETS GET IT DONE!"

Oh Yeah What GIF by Regal

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Editing post
  • Astonished 1