XXRDJisDoctorDoom

New Years Weekend Thread || Dec. 30-Jan. 1 || ATWOW $67.4M 3rd WE - $88.8M 4-Day WE — Orange Panther $22.6M 4-Day!

7 minutes ago, XXR M37's Club Is Dead said:

If Jan 3-8 is over $60M combined I'll join you for $700M :) 

Sounds good!! . Though A2 can also do it by huge weekdays and very good weekends. Cameron style is strong weekdays and astounding weekends 😂

I'm just rooting for us to get there and shatter Maverick. I don't care how.

Matt Damon must be still calculating the numbers.

10% of Avatar 1 and 2 alone is going to be around 500m lost from just 2 films lol 

Matt Damon Math GIF by MIRAMAX

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Editing post

One thing I would say about this weekend is that I think we may see a worse than expected NYE drop because this is arguably the first year this decade covid is a non-factor to many people. Couple that with the holiday being Sat and parties may be crazy this year. But if that does happen, I’d also expect NYD and Monday hold to be stronger than expected. 

6 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

One thing I would say about this weekend is that I think we may see a worse than expected NYE drop because this is arguably the first year this decade covid is a non-factor to many people. Couple that with the holiday being Sat and parties may be crazy this year. But if that does happen, I’d also expect NYD and Monday hold to be stronger than expected. 

College Football Playoff on Saturday evening won’t help. 

• Like 3

Just now, marveldcfox said:

Ugh. How can cat and panther be the same thing? It is orange cat, not orange panther. Panther is a bigger and more ferocious feline. Haven't you all watched Jungle Book? So annoying.

Well we all know the Navi are cats, so it’s a feline fest at the box office no matter how you look at it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Well we all know the Navi are cats, so it’s a feline fest at the box office no matter how you look at it!

Lol Navvi got more poonash as they say tho.

Hah hah. Just look at those eyes. Neteryi puts the Puss and BP characters to shame in style and likeability. Sorry puss.

Watching Zoe Saldana GIF by Avatar

think 22M is too low

- that would mean identical increase to R1 which was in a solid downward trend

- I also think there might be some business recuperated here from the storm last week

- I also think Avatar is much stronger on a Friday than a Thursday because of the running time (not a regular Thursday of course but relatively speaking)

GIMME 24+

12 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Ugh. How can cat and panther be the same thing? It is orange cat, not orange panther. Panther is a bigger and more ferocious feline. Haven't you all watched Jungle Book? So annoying.

Well considering the "Panthers" most refer to are actually Jaguars and Leopards I think it fits the theme that it is slightly misnamed.

Edited by Wafflecakes

17 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

If you're really gonna go technical then Panther is a Cat.

And more, there's no such thing as a Panther. It's a Leopard, a Leopard is also called as Panther by some people for some reason.

Pathera is the genus, within family Felidae..... Leopard is Panthera Pardus.

• Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

If you're really gonna go technical then Panther is a Cat.

And more, there's no such thing as a Panther. It's a Leopard, a Leopard is also called as Panther by some people for some reason.

Pathera is the genus, within family Felidae..... Leopard is Panthera Pardus.

But do not forget that the specific epithet should begin with a small letter. Panthera pardus. 😅