XXRDJisDoctorDoom

New Years Weekend Thread || Dec. 30-Jan. 1 || ATWOW $67.4M 3rd WE - $88.8M 4-Day WE — Orange Panther $22.6M 4-Day!

3 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I can't believe dude is braging about a TV show with kids as characters have a succesful hentai subreddit and Avatar don't 

I was laughing until the end really left me shocked

Agree, but found cool meme under that thread:

AbpTtQR.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

21 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

That just isn’t true. It could go as low as 35m next weekend (nearly -50%) and still get there with amazing holds for the rest of Jan/Feb. Basically it would need to replicate TGMs 4th weekend multi to beat it off of a 35m weekend next week.

Not saying that’s “easy” at all and not even saying it has the same level of WOM as TGM… but it doesn’t even need that with such a barren calendar. I also don’t think it will drop all the way to 35m next weekend either, would guess more like low 40s.

Well yes if it matched TGM's multi from there it could do it, but my thought is if it does drop 50% 4th weekend it is unlikely to match TGM's multiplier. Maybe the door would still be open even with a sub-40% drop though.

Just now, Bruce said:

I don’t think that’s speaking anything

hold the expection or we’ll be disappointed

XXR and a couple of others have been using sales data to predict daily numbers all through A2's run so far, and they have been pretty accurate so far.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Jiffy said:

Well yes if it matched TGM's multi from there it could do it, but my thought is if it does drop 50% 4th weekend it is unlikely to match TGM's multiplier. Maybe the door would still be open even with a sub-40% drop though.

Base on Tuesday number we’ll see how it is goes on Weekend

2 minutes ago, Jiffy said:

Not sure it will drop 50% to be honest. The first AVATAR only dropped 26% on its 4th weekend, and A2's 2nd and 3rd weekends have been very close to the first film, and would probably of been higher as the first film didnt have Christmas Eve and New years Eve in its 2nd and 3rd weekends.

Not saying its only going to drop 26% like the first film as that was a pretty ridiculous drop. I do expect it to drop way less than 50% though.

Damn now I really think US need something like Chinese Maoyan( can track the box office by minute) or Korea CGV,now even Vietnam box office can track by minutes,why US as the most powerful country in the world can’t do that?Curious

Asia is the true ‘developed country’ in term of box office tracking

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AnDr3s said:

spielberg does more risky stuff though

What??? I have nothing against the guy, but Spielberg hasn't done anything risky in 30 years. The only thing I can think of that even approached risky was TinTin.

He has the top screenwriters, actors, etc. He has major studios behind him. His movies aren't big risks for anyone's career, let alone his.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Damn now I really think US need something like Chinese Maoyan( can track the box office by minute) or Korea CGV,now even Vietnam box office can track by minutes,why US as the most powerful country in the world can’t do that?Curious

Asia is the true ‘developed country’ in term of box office tracking

Hollywood wants control of the box office news. This includes their refusal to report admission numbers. 

• Like 2

I guess all it takes is a pretty looks to bring a movie to skyhigh success. No substance at all.  Yawn, Avatar is still a forgettable movie and check back in 3 months and no one is going to be discussing the movie or making memes of the movie like they still do with Avengers Endgame for example. 

Edited by CrashBandicoot81
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

so what we know about Avatar fans is that they don't write smutty fan fiction and they're not Redditors and people still want to act like they're not the best fanbase?

The most absurd thing is,The general audience’s “Culture impact” define is “Internet meme””Fan fiction on AO3” and “Redditor number”

In this standard I think Naruto is have more “culture impact”than any,I mean any Hollywood film,Marvel,SW ,Harry Potter can’t beat Naruto by internet fanbase data

Edited by Bruce

9 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Hollywood wants control of the box office news. This includes their refusal to report admission numbers. 

I always have thought something like this, it´s strange that a country like USA doesn´t count admissions...

Edited by setna

1 minute ago, CrashBandicoot81 said:

I guess all it takes is a pretty looks to bring a movie to skyhigh success. No substance at all.  Yawn, Avatar is still a forgettable movie and check back in 3 months and no one is going to be discussing the movie like they do with Avengers Endgame for example. 

Cameron and Disney reading this post:

money-crying.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 4