XXR & Friends

New Years Weekend Thread || Dec. 30-Jan. 1 || ATWOW $67.4M 3rd WE - $88.8M 4-Day WE — Orange Panther $22.6M 4-Day!

9 minutes ago, M37 said:

Family movies (and older skewing ones fwiw) do really well during the day up to and including the 6p-8p times, and then fall off quickly after that. That’s the pattern we’re seeing for Avatwo, even though it isn’t skewing particularly toward kids (like PiB) or older (like TGM). But the net effect is a similar daily pattern 

Well you would have to show me data on that...

But regardless, all I'm saying is don't underestimate the damage NYE did to A2, and consequently the bigger bump it might be getting on Sunday. Even if it's playing exactly the same as a family movie, the longer running time is still going to hurt it more on NYE 

1 hour ago, Gkalaitza said:

Thanks. Does the 21m SUN number line up with the early numbers today or still too early to tell?

1 hour ago, XXR M37's Club Is Dead said:

Haven’t given it a look yet but will in a bit. 

Took a look. Not going to make a prediction yet but I will say that the early numbers are strong. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Travod said:

Avatar round 2 today, in IMAX. What’s a good scene for bathroom break? 

Agree with your bathroom break scene. 

So far I have seen the movie 3 times. 

The first round was with my group of friends of 5. We went for IMAX HFR 3D.

The second round was with my family for Dolby 3D.

And third round was with another group of friend of 7 and settled for regular 3D. 

I also organized an event for my company and we booked a hall of 150 to watch the movie in regular 3D. I myself didn't join the crowd and I went for VN in a different hall instead. But given that this event is also a farewell event for one of the retiree, it was hilarious to see a bunch of people who are in their 40s and 50s wearing glasses for 3D, who I supposed will never turn up for a sci-fi movie otherwise.     

So I consider my support to JC is done here. 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

15 minutes ago, XXR M37's Club Is Dead said:

Took a look. Not going to make a prediction yet but I will say that the early numbers are strong. 

Nice thanks. I hope  that even with some drop this behaves more like FRI that stayed in the ballpark of its stronger comp numbers to the end rather than SAT where weaker evening brought it down more from the early projections

Edited by Gkalaitza
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

Deadline says overseas PiB is on par with Sing 2. Does that mean the final gross will be 228M international (Sing 2 overseas excluding Russia for obvious reasons) and 300M WW is a lock?

I wouldn't say it's locked but it's on the board. Lets give it 2 weeks and see how the non-holiday holds look. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

Deadline says overseas PiB is on par with Sing 2. Does that mean the final gross will be 228M international (Sing 2 overseas excluding Russia for obvious reasons) and 300M WW is a lock?

Probably not, Sing2 had a delayed release in a good chunk more countries than Puss. Sing2 also made 27M in Japan and Puss will likely struggle to make 10 (most likely less than that) looking at the markets yet to come.

Edited by JustLurking

5 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Probably not, Sing2 had a delayed release in a good chunk more countries than Puss. Sing2 also made 27M in Japan and Puss will likely struggle to make 10 (most likely less than that) looking at the markets yet to come.

I thought Deadline when they compare grosses it's in like for like markets

Edited by Alex SciChannel

31 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

The first round was with my group of friends of 5. We went for IMAX HFR 3D.

The second round was with my family for Dolby 3D.

And third round was with another group of friend of 7 and settled for regular 3D. 

How did the three compare ? Any version vastly superior ?

7 minutes ago, Flamengo81 said:

Please don't lol

I wrote "should" not by coincidence since i know myself and i wont probably be able to stop until a mod makes me to :sparta:

Edited by Brainbug
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1