interiorgatordecorator

Mar 24 - 26 weekend thread - John Wick ̶3̶ 4 opens - woke up to a 5.9 monday | Jonathan is in Majors trouble | Shazam 2 crushed the Ant |

17 minutes ago, fmpro said:

BOM comepletely fucked up yet again. Look at Creed number

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/2023W12/?ref_=bo_hm_rw

Looks like for whatever reason Mojo didn't record its Wednesday and Thursday numbers yet accurately recorded its estimated total as of Sunday, and so the weekend number was wildly inflated to compensate.

4 hours ago, reddevil19 said:

See, I prefer Dark Phoenix. It still has some McAvoy and Fassbender goodness, and while the script is meh and obviously nowhere near what you want for this story, I still found it better than Shazam's. Also, there isn't anyone outright atrocious acting-wise in it (bad at times, but nothing as truly horrid as Lucy Liu), and the biggest difference is that n one in Dark Phoenix is as gratingly annoying as Levy and Grazer. For me Dark Phoenix doesn't belong with the other two, since it's not very far off from Apocalypse (itself a mediocre entry) but obviously suffered from its predecessor's reception and the "dead end" situation that the DCEU also finds itself in.

I don't think Shazam is unwatchable, but I'm also puzzled at Sandberg being taken aback by the reception. It's not a good movie.

Yeah I like Dark Phoneix, probably because I love sci fi. I liked the invaders, whatever they're called. 

2 hours ago, baumer said:

I believe in innocent until proven guilty. If however he did do what he's accused of, the thing I will never be able to understand about these people who have the world with their feet and the future as bright as the sun, is why they would do something stupid that will more than likely kill their career or at least derail it. I don't know if it's ego, stupidity, just being too impetuous, or just doing the wrong thing at the wrong time but it just doesn't make any sense to me. 

I get why guys like Harvey Weinstein do what they do, because they were untouchable and nobody ever punished them for it. 

But New kids on the Block, who like I said, have the world at their feet and are just starting out, such a bone-headed move.

It's a years long pattern with people. They keep doing it because they keep getting away with it.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

Didn’t the director of this say he and Keanu are taking a break after this movie from John Wick? Cause I think I hear Lionsgate backing a truck full of money to their doors.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

Glad I stay away from this forum.

So many uneducated people on domestic violence, and it shows in the remarks being made.

It's so disgusting and disappointing.

I oughta slap you for this comment.

13 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

WOM seems solid so far with 94% verified audience score so it has that going for it at least

That's great. I'll probably save my coins to see Mario with my little ones but hope it does well for theater's sake. 

Next weekend will be close, but right now I'm thinking 35M for John Wick and 33M for DND. If WOM kicks into overdrive from these early screenings I could see 40M happening for DND.

Edited by WrathOfHan

13 hours ago, wildphantom said:

Waiting for Feige to call 

mads mikkelsen hannibal GIF

edit: I totally forgot he was in the first Strange. Is there any name actor that hasn’t been in the MCU at this point? 

Tom Cruise and Leo DiCaprio 

13 hours ago, Willowra said:

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/jonathan-majors-pleads-innocence-domestic-dispute-arrest-woman-having-emotional-crisis

"Jonathan Majors is completely innocent and is provably the victim of an altercation with a woman he knows. We are quickly gathering and presenting evidence to the District Attorney with the expectation that all charges will be dropped imminently," Priya Chaudhry, Majors’ criminal defense lawyer, told Fox News Digital.

"This evidence includes video footage from the vehicle where this episode took place, witness testimony from the driver and others who both saw and heard the episode, and most importantly, two written statements from the woman recanting these allegations," the statement continued.

I was going to say the lawyer paid her off but if they have video evidence then the internet owes this man a apology.

13 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Very strong statement from his lawyer, though the victim recanting doesn’t always mean much. However, video is a different story. I wonder if the tape will be released?

Also, it might be a good time for the "everyone knew" folks to provide some details about Majors, if they have any. There's lots of "everybody knows" gossip about other stars (some about predatory behavior, some not), and not all of it is true.

Yeah the internet has been saying Jared Leto is a groomer and pedophile for years but he isn’t canceled yet.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Eric Wick said:

Yes. Clearly Majors’ lawyer is saying the honest truth. Lawyers always say the truth and won’t try to say stuff to put their client in their best light.

Come on dude.

We should just wait to see if a tape is released. I hope Disney does.

29 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

We should just wait to see if a tape is released. I hope Disney does.

I honestly feel like Disney will let him go anyway. Even if his name gets cleared the baggage of this whole incident will always be attached to him for the rest of his life. Against the backdrop of Star Wars running in circles and Marvel and Pixar being weakened after a series of polarizing movies, Disney will play it safe and start fresh with a new actor, I feel. You can bet Magazine Dreams will be offloaded to Hulu like so many of Fox's films after the merger.