interiorgatordecorator

Mar 24 - 26 weekend thread - John Wick ̶3̶ 4 opens - woke up to a 5.9 monday | Jonathan is in Majors trouble | Shazam 2 crushed the Ant |

2 hours ago, wildphantom said:

It’s like Shazam was caught between not appearing grown up enough for the usual comic book crowd, but apparently too old for the family crowd. 

In truth, they marketed it to the teenagers and up when in fact it is a straight up family movie.  Much more so than the first one. 

Watching the trailers is in no way a reflection of the family film it actually is. It feels more like a throwback Disney comedy than anything, and I mean that in a good way. 

And families don't think of Shazam 2 as a family movie because it's PG-13, so (responsible) parents don't want to take younger kids (under 8-ish). The first one had some surprisingly intense sequences compared to the tone of the trailers, of course people would think the sequel was more of the same.

Shazam just isn't a series where long gaps between movies will work, everyone can see Asher Angel doesn't look any younger than, say, Tom Holland in his first appearance as Peter/Spidey. The conceit of a kid morphing into a man is gone-what's the point?

24 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Yikes! I hope she heals quickly.

His lawyer seems confident, but that doesn't always mean much. Is it like a Michael Irvin situation and there's video of the whole thing showing nothing happened, or...

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl

1 minute ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Marvel has a pretty big issue on their hands. Lets wait to see how it plays out in court, but in the meantime will Marvel have two scripts with one having Doom as the big bad for Secret Wars? and what do they do about Kang dynasty? 

Doom Dynasty

18 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

And families don't think of Shazam 2 as a family movie because it's PG-13, so (responsible) parents don't want to take younger kids (under 8-ish). The first one had some surprisingly intense sequences compared to the tone of the trailers, of course people would think the sequel was more of the same.

Shazam just isn't a series where long gaps between movies will work, everyone can see Asher Angel doesn't look any younger than, say, Tom Holland in his first appearance as Peter/Spidey. The conceit of a kid morphing into a man is gone-what's the point?

Yikes! I hope she heals quickly.

His lawyer seems confident, but that doesn't always mean much. Is it like a Michael Irvin situation and there's video of the whole thing showing nothing happened, or...

"Clearing his name" AND "clearing this up" - this sounds like payouts and NDAs are coming...I mean, why would you need to clear it up after you cleared his name?  Either he played no part (so you clear his name) or he did (so you need to clear this up with the victim and taxi driver to set the right story for the right price)...

35 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

people probably forget Brolin also roughed up Diane Lane so its a pattern for Marvel super villains

In 2004, if your spokesperson said it was a "misunderstanding" and the charges got dropped, that was all she wrote. AFAIK, Diane Lane hasn't later come forward with abuse claims naming him and after other incidents (bar fight, public intoxication), Brolin claimed to have changed his ways. He's remarried with young children, by 2018 whatever happened with Lane could be written off as ancient history.

19 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

"Clearing his name" AND "clearing this up" - this sounds like payouts and NDAs are coming...I mean, why would you need to clear it up after you cleared his name?  Either he played no part (so you clear his name) or he did (so you need to clear this up with the victim and taxi driver to set the right story for the right price)...

Renner also had a contentious divorce with allegations flying and he's still in the fandom's good graces. But I don't know if Majors will get the same benefit of the doubt from fams/media, he's much newer to fame, for one (among other differences).

5 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

don't want to out myself as a gossip hound but there was this tweet from about a month ago and a lot of people thought it was about Majors

mhph4i2hj0qa1.jpeg?width=320&crop=smart&

I saw people guessing Barry Keoghan or Paul Mescal but Majors falls more under the "thirst tweet" type TBH. And you can't always tell which gossip is true vs someone trying to get attention on Twitter.

• Like 1