Eric Lasagna

WGA/SAGAFTRA Strike Discussion Thread | SAG Ratifies Contract

9 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Zachary Levi and Stephen Amell DGAF anymore. They’ve gone full mask-off. 

Does he even have anything releasing. I see "Chicken Run: Dawn of the Nugget" !!! and Spy Kids releasing on Netflix and Unbreakable Boy which does not even have a release date. So what is he trying to promote now !!!

I know this is Not The Point, but I Behalf of Eric, Phillip, and Beast/Adam, I want a written apology for that "Best Disney Prince Ever" bullshit. Signed "I am sorry for being a scab."

4 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

there's nothing wrong that was said here. it was just saying that the studios better come to the table with legit aspirations to get a deal done. 

Yeah I see all these people ripping the WGA. If this is all just for show for the AMTP anyway then it won't take much for them to come up with a excuse to walk away again. The WGA is just saying don;t bother if that's your plan. 

13 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Does he even have anything releasing. I see "Chicken Run: Dawn of the Nugget" !!! and Spy Kids releasing on Netflix and Unbreakable Boy which does not even have a release date. So what is he trying to promote now !!!

OK, that almost makes me think that maybe it's for the best that Hollywood has a time out.  Get it together people.

• Like 2

Going back to the table is a positive sign. I do union negotiations and I promise you the news after today won't sound good, but that will always be the case in a first meeting back to the table. Everyone will spend the next few meetings getting everything out of their system with little progress. Still a lot of work to be done, but it is a good sign as long as they keep meeting.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

Going back to the table is a positive sign. I do union negotiations and I promise you the news after today won't sound good, but that will always be the case in a first meeting back to the table. Everyone will spend the next few meetings getting everything out of their system with little progress. Still a lot of work to be done, but it is a good sign as long as they keep meeting.

I hope the same is true with SAG. 

Feel like a very smart genius for calling Levi a bad actor and saying Shazam sucked when everyone was on its dick when the first one came out. Always nice when the least talented turn out to be the scumbags instead of actors I actually like.

Also, Jayhawk is absolutely correct and wise words to heed. The studios have tried to divide and conquer the actors to no success outside bad DC characters. Now, I think the actors and writers can divide and conquer the studios. The studios all suck in their own way but they aren't a monolith in terms of their needs and desires, and when it comes to upcoming slates and shooting schedules the feelings of a Sony may be very different than the desires of a Netflix. Though they all desire to pay people less and exploit them more, of course.

• Like 4

Just now, AniNate said:

I imagine there's a certain gamesmanship to this that isn't public.

I do think the whole 'CEOs are evil!' schtick is getting a bit old at this point and also I did roll my eyes at certain actors calling for some sort of fall of Hollywood in favour of indies like A24.