Cinderella A

Cruella A

Beauty & the Beast A

The Jungle Book A 

Alice 1 A-

Alice 2 A-

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 1

'Asian beauty standard' kills this movie at least in Asia. We all know that pale or white skin is the epitome of beauty in Asia and black certainly isn't. Even more so when you remember that this is a Disney Princess movie which make the beauty aspect of main lead (Princess Ariel) to be a pivotal one. TLM animation was popular here and  changing Ariel appearance in the live action remake from the og animation definitely hurt it further. 

Not to mention that Asia as a whole region hasn't been kind to black community or you could say there are many cases of racism here. No wonder TLM fails completely here. The popularity of the first one couldn't save this movie.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

An A cinema score for The Little Mermaid is great. Others:

The Lion King A

Aladdin A

Maleficent A

Maleficent 2 A

Cinderella A

Cruella A

Beauty & the Beast A

Alice 1 A-

Alice 2 A-

You missed the best Disney Live Action Remake

The Jungle Book - A Glorious A

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

An A cinema score for The Little Mermaid is great. Others:

The Lion King A

Aladdin A

Maleficent A

Maleficent 2 A

Cinderella A

Cruella A

Beauty & the Beast A

The Jungle Book A 

Alice 1 A-

Alice 2 A-

Oh my! Maleficent 2 got a friggin' A???

Alice 2 got a friggin' A-???? Should have gotten a C or lower.

Anyway.....$375 mill domestic for TLM, $830 m WW. That's my prediction right now.

Edited by jedijake
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

You missed the best Disney Live Action Remake

The Jungle Book - A Glorious A

The Jungle Book (2016) is actually the only live action remake that i like. Because it doesnt copy the original and makes the story and characters way worse, but it actually tells a bit of a different story. Idris Elba as the tiger also was a really smart voice acting choice.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Oh my! Maleficent 2 got a friggin' A???

Alice 2 got a friggin' A-???? Should have gotten a C or lower.

Anyway.....$375 mill domestic for TLM, $830 m WW. That's my prediction right now.

Both Aladdin and TLK grossed 350M+ in Asia  , BATB 300M+

This is barely Crossing 60M in Asia

Europe is just OK. Don't know about LATM.

This is barely crossing 300M OS.

650-725M.

26 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

The Jungle Book (2016) is actually the only live action remake that i like. Because it doesnt copy the original and makes the story and characters way worse, but it actually tells a bit of a different story. Idris Elba as the tiger also was a really smart voice acting choice.

"You didn't respond to reason, so now shall know fear"

As good as English cast was, The Jungle Book is the best Hindi dub movie I've ever seen, the cast was STACKED and dialogues were written so well without much nonsense that happens in other hindi dub Hollywood movies, every single person aced it.

wasn't anderson gay or something? and i've read some analysis stating that the original story of the little mermaid has some implicit (well actually quite explicit) implication of transgender and or the experience of loving someones/some lifestyles that are not in your world? it's funny some people only care about the depiction of her skin color while ignoring the essence of the story itself is loving yourself and being brave to chase your dream. and i'm sure if anderson was alive today he must be very happy to see all of these "woke" attempts.

12 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

UK number from UKBoxOffice:

The Little Mermaid £1.57m Friday. Could beat Aladdin’s 5 day opening with just 3 or 4 days. 

https://www.screendaily.com/news/aladdin-wins-uk-box-office-battle-with-57m-weekend/5139938.article

I've found this article.

Aladdin's 3 day fri-sun gross was £5.7m. How big of a Jump is expected for TLM Sat-Sun? if it stays flat and does Friday X 3 it ends up at £4.7m

35 minutes ago, ThePrinceIsOnFire said:

Yeah $830M WW is absolutely possible, it only needs Japan to gross something like $220M which is totally reasonable 🙄😂😅 

Pheraps $20M in Japan might be the realistic expectation, but feel free to dream big.

Assuming $375 million in NO, about $200 million in Europe, you're saying it will pull in less than $100 million in Asia, Latin America, and Africa combined??? (even though Aladdin made $500 million outside NO and Europe)

Even maybe slightly less in Europe (say $150 million total). That still leaves $305 million for the rest of  the world and, if Japan makes this fictional number of $220 million, it leaves $85 million. Not saying Japan is making $220 million, but it's reasonable to think that it will spread out more evenly among Asian nations despite what numbers right now may be indicating.

Edited by jedijake