Eric Burnett

THE LITTLE MERMAID WEEKEND THREAD

5 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

i think a Chewie SW movie completely subtitled would make a billie

Sure, why not. Put a bit of a Wall E twist on Star Wars and take the emphasis off of dialogue, force them to actually be creative. 

2 hours ago, Bob Train said:

Woman King had pretty bad legs for an A+ cinemascore that opened under 20m. Hard to name any films that got A+ CS and less than 4x legs which opened under 20m.

Jesus Revolution

Till

Just Mercy

Harriet

Love Simon   

Actually most films with A+ CS and less than 20M open do less than 4x legs. Woman King finished exactly as expected from OW based on good comps (iirc I used Harriet simon and FvF)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Day and Date The Best said:

Succession, that finale, Wow, plus Barry too, Wow. Why go to theaters when HBO has such good programing on Sundays. 

you mean MAX 🤓

3 minutes ago, Jiffy said:

TLJ backlash remains the dumbest pop culture reaction of the past 10 years, I'd say. Improved on TFA in practically every way.

I'll respond to this by saying the Holdo maneuver is the dumbest thing I have ever seen in a major movie franchise.  To drive home just how stupid that scene is, imagine a movie set on earth where the heroine runs the villain over with a car.  The film then makes clear that no one on earth knew that "driving really fast into something causes damage" and that the heroine is a genius for figuring this out.

God, I'm still peeved about it.

30 minutes ago, Legions of the Galaxy said:

Jesus Revolution

Till

Just Mercy

Harriet

Love Simon   

Actually most films with A+ CS and less than 20M open do less than 4x legs. Woman King finished exactly as expected from OW based on good comps (iirc I used Harriet simon and FvF)

Yeah most of the A+ CS movies that opened under 20M and legged it out are old, like When Harry Met Sally and Beauy and the Beast (1991) 

20 minutes ago, cedec0 said:

I'll respond to this by saying the Holdo maneuver is the dumbest thing I have ever seen in a major movie franchise.  To drive home just how stupid that scene is, imagine a movie set on earth where the heroine runs the villain over with a car.  The film then makes clear that no one on earth knew that "driving really fast into something causes damage" and that the heroine is a genius for figuring this out.

God, I'm still peeved about it.

Will just say this underlines my point as a reaction to one of the most stunning sequences in the franchise.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Jiffy said:

TLJ backlash remains the dumbest pop culture reaction of the past 10 years, I'd say. Improved on TFA in practically every way.

While both creatively bankrupt (TLJ is not as "original" as some make it out to be) TFA at least manages to be a pretty solid movie. So does the much maligned Solo, btw. The less said about TroS the better, they seemingly had no clue how to end the trilogy and just winged it. Rogue One remains the best Disney Star Wars movie.

That was my contribution to the Star Wars topic. I'll see myself out...

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Boxx93 said:

Scott Mendelson from Forbes just tweeted on his twitter account that TLM is performing less like Aladdin and more like Solo A Star Wars Story due to its frontloaded nature and poor OS numbers. 

Yikes. Mena Massoud was right all along.

Who is Mena Massoud, someone from Reddit? 

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

Who is Mena Massoud, someone from Reddit? 

Mena Mansour Massoud (Arabic: مينا منصور مسعود; born September 17, 1991) is an Egyptian Canadian actor[3] known for starring as the title character in the Disney fantasy film Aladdin (2019). He also starred as Jared Malik in the Canadian drama series Open Heart (2015), Tarek Kassar in the Amazon Prime series Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan (2018), Ethan Hart in the Hulu series Reprisal (2019), and Prince Thomas in the Netflix original film The Royal Treatment (2022).

• Like 1

Maybe the true reason that Solo and TLM and are under performing is: they both featured terrible lighting/color grading! Hopefully the lesson Disney takes from this is to put some saturation back in your films. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

10 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

I finally realised why Halle Stans were getting angry when The Little Mermaid DOM/OS were compared with Aladdin 

:hahaha:

2 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

What's the connection? 🙂

well-were-waiting-sarcastic.gif