Eric Prime

THE LITTLE MERMAID WEEKEND THREAD

38 minutes ago, G Doss said:

The movie already has a $250 million budget. Bigger stars weren't considered because there isn't any money for it. Zendaya and Gaga aren't feasible. Nor would they have made a giant difference in the end result for a film aimed at young girls. 

Gaga mattered when she was copying Madonna over 10 years ago. Zendaya matters because of Euphoria. They don't exist to children. It's dubious that their audiences could be made to care about The Little Mermaid. 

Zendaya is popular with kids because of KC undercover.

45 minutes ago, Mulder said:

This thread is easily the worst weekend thread in ages yeesh.

44 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Think positively, that means it can only get better from now on!

42 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

I'm pretty sure we can do worse, and I have a very specific weekend thread in mind

7njvwm.jpg

Edited by Porthos
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

I'm genuinely hoping Flash does well and keeps increasing in estimates over the weekend just so the trolls leave the thread slowly over the weekend. It's nicer than when a movie comes under expectations.

• Like 2

The Barbie/Oppenheimer weekend thread will be good/fun, especially if both movies break out. It’s Twitter/TikTok that I’m worried about; people have been vicious about these movies on those platforms.

16 minutes ago, DAJK said:

The Barbie/Oppenheimer weekend thread will be good/fun, especially if both movies break out. It’s Twitter/TikTok that I’m worried about; people have been vicious about these movies on those platforms.

All i seen on barbie online is the hey barbie scene is compared to the Jojo Rabbit Hiel Hitler Scene lol

If a blockbuster’s not underperforming I’m probably not interested, but never let it be said that I take sides - marvel, dc, disney, star wars … disappointing numbers from any of them are fine by me. So it’s been a fun few years on here.

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 2
  • Knock It Off 2

6 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Nolan isn’t breaking out with the GA again unless he hitches himself to a popular IP. He has very much settled into an auteur mold, albeit on a bigger core fanbase scale but not casual GA anymore. 

Dunkirk made over 500 million worldwide.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Dunkirk made over 500 million worldwide.

The fact Tenet made 363M releasing when it did is also pretty impressive. I remember how strange it felt even being in a theater around that time.

When someone coughed in the audience you could feel the tension lol.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I really hope Oppenheimer is good, cause I like Nolan a lot but man tenet was one of the worst films I've seen in recent years. It's one of the only movies that I've ever turned off part way through because it felt like a parody of a Nolan movie in how completely nonsense the story was.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jedijake said:

No movie in the history of mankind has ever been "necessary" (except maybe Schindler's List and Saving Private Ryan).

That feels more like the position Shoah is slotted into and & Best Years of Our Lives > SPR for WW2 film. 

Edited by PlatnumRoyce