kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | Weekend Estimates | 120.5M SPIDER-MAN: ATSV | 40.6M TLM | 12.3M THE BOOGEYMAN | 10.2M GOTG III

This is not meant to take anything away from Mario, but Spider-Man is a far more saturated character in non-game media. That the animated version is working on the level of live action is pretty crazy, especially with another on the way in March. They've created a second and probably third Spider-Man persona on top of the original (Peter Parker) that people legitimately care about...no small feat! 

• Like 1

for me, one of the most shocking openings of the last five years. 

i mean, i was expecting 75 on the high end. 

absolutely loved the first but had no idea interest was this high and thought doubling the first was the goal. 

thats fucking wild.

15 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

This is not meant to take anything away from Mario, but Spider-Man is a far more saturated character in non-game media. That the animated version is working on the level of live action is pretty crazy, especially with another on the way in March. They've created a second and probably third Spider-Man persona on top of the original (Peter Parker) that people legitimately care about...no small feat! 

Yeah. They created enough likeable Spider-People that until these drop I assume Sony will create multiple spinoffs. Within a decade if these stay popular we could have half a dozen Spider-Verse movies with 3 having Miles as the lead and the other 3 being three separate spinoffs with a different lead or how they decide to move forward. No way Sony stops making Spider-Verse stuff until the bottom falls out financially even after the Miles trilogy we're seeing now. 

Super Mario Bros. sequels/spinoffs and Spider-Verse sequels/spinoffs are gonna be pretty dominant. Beyond will have a higher OW DOM than Across. Hype for Beyond is gonna be nuts and Across will convert even more casual viewers to rush to see the sequel.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

On what planet?

His opinion. Not every film is going to be universally loved.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mulder said:

They would never have done a Venom, Venom: Let There Be Carnage, or Morbius either so.........

Hey 2 of those 3 were entertaining and the third looked so terrible I never saw it

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Yeah. They created enough likeable Spider-People that until these drop I assume Sony will create multiple spinoffs. Within a decade if these stay popular we could have half a dozen Spider-Verse movies with 3 having Miles as the lead and the other 3 being three separate spinoffs with a different lead or how they decide to move forward. No way Sony stops making Spider-Verse stuff until the bottom falls out financially even after the Miles trilogy we're seeing now. 

Super Mario Bros. sequels/spinoffs and Spider-Verse sequels/spinoffs are gonna be pretty dominant. Beyond will have a higher OW DOM than Across. Hype for Beyond is gonna be nuts and Across will convert even more casual viewers to rush to see the sequel.

how much does Across need to do global for Beyond to have a shot at 1B global?

Edited by elhassane31

1 hour ago, Torontofan said:

Good domestic recovery for tlm...needs it as overseas gross is very low for a big budget live action film

what "recovery?" it's outpaced Aladdin so far. It's entire first week was perfectly fine

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

His opinion. Not every film is going to be universally loved.

Yeah 99% of internet jabber is subjective but I can criticize any criticism.

And anyone can criticize my criticism of another criticism. It all comes with the territory.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

what "recovery?" it's outpaced Aladdin so far. It's entire first week was perfectly fine

The weekend had a weird trajectory that called legs into question at the time. 

• Like 1