Eric the IF

Father’s Day/Juneteenth Weekend Thread | Flash implodes with 55M, Elemental bombs with 29M, holdovers hold atrociously | Theaters are dead, streaming is dead. Everything is dead really.

I think the IM for Flash will be decent all things considered with Fathers Day and Monday being a Federal holiday it could push for 7x and $70m, though I'd still take the lower if I was a betting man. Elemental could crack $40m. Make no mistake though, the last time we had two bombs this big so close together, Robert J Oppenheimer was still alive.

• Haha 2

Just now, martin said:

So if deadline say 9m,the reality Will be 10,5-11 m.

Not bad...not bad...

Deadline's been on the money the past few weeks and tracking was suggesting a 9-10 million number more then anything above 10.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Mulder said:

It's kind of insane how after all this that at this point, 70 million would be a slight win. Wild to think there was times where this was considered a 100+ million opener.

100m off table since Ezra fiasco and reboot thing.

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

Why? you weren't around then... 🤔

But it is true it was fun lol

dont read too much into it

its just my impression that no ones willing to really raise hell in the name of an already dead franchise

16 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Deadline's been on the money the past few weeks and tracking was suggesting a 9-10 million number more then anything above 10.

Tell me for one movie they were accurate with early previews. They went with 16m for Spidey and 14m for Guardians !!!

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

Tell me for one movie they were accurate with early previews. They went with 16m for Spidey and 14m for Guardians !!!

Ok so revise that up by like one million then dude, not sure why you're always so aggressive with like every correction, I've been thinking more of their trend recently of being on the money Friday wise goddamn lmfao

the insane wom Elemental had in Korea made me check, and it seems like one of the writers is Asian and so is the va for the fire girl, is Elemental a movie with Asian sensibilities (dont know how else to phrase it); maybe Asia could help save it from being that big of a flo

if that's the case them I'm not sure why they didn't try to at least hint at it in the marketing

4 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Thats fine for Spidey? Like 8% off.  

Did they actually say 14 for gotg though? That's some funny shit

• Like 1