Eric the IF

Father’s Day/Juneteenth Weekend Thread | Flash implodes with 55M, Elemental bombs with 29M, holdovers hold atrociously | Theaters are dead, streaming is dead. Everything is dead really.

1 hour ago, Relevation said:

That is a really healthy preview number for Elemental given what it was looking like from trackers. I’m feeling a 13-14x IM and $45-50M for the weekend.

That might be a little bit high, but of course good numbers are always welcome. I'm thinking 38M.

1 hour ago, Mulder said:

It's kind of insane how after all this that at this point, 70 million would be a slight win. Wild to think there was times where this was considered a 100+ million opener.

It even went as high as 140M. 😭

33 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

the insane wom Elemental had in Korea made me check, and it seems like one of the writers is Asian and so is the va for the fire girl, is Elemental a movie with Asian sensibilities (dont know how else to phrase it); maybe Asia could help save it from being that big of a flo

if that's the case them I'm not sure why they didn't try to at least hint at it in the marketing

The director is Korean.

7 minutes ago, Dominic Draper said:

There was that fake tracking reported like a week or 2 before real tracking from pre sales that spread on social media saying it was tracking to open to 110-140.

That wasn't fake, 115-140 was the real BOP range

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dominic Draper said:

There was that fake tracking reported like a week or 2 before real tracking from pre sales that spread on social media saying it was tracking to open to 110-140.

I remember box office pro having a similar range.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

given the Flash i wonder what is the cutoff age for even caring about BTTF, i do wonder if anyone under 30 even seen it

BTTF is more relevant then most 80s stuff, You see it memed a lot more then shit like Ghostbusters.

9 minutes ago, Dominic Draper said:

Oh okay. How could they be that off.

Before sales predictions have to go a lot off either:

Internet metrics

Or

Polling  

With a dash of franchise history/analogy to similar movies.   

Given that the initial ranges for DC in the 2020s have ranged from "too high" to "extremely too high" I'm guessing that it's been drawing too much from social stuff where DC overindexes and 2010s performances which were from before the brand was as dead.  

The one recent DC where the initial range was very good was BA which seems to have leveraged the star and lack of 2010s era characters to play more GA 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

is Elemental a movie with Asian sensibilities (dont know how else to phrase it); maybe Asia could help save it from being that big of a flo

I mean the vibes from the trailer are overwhelmingly "white guy married into an Asian family and decided to make it into a Pixar movie".

• Like 2

It's still early so we'll see it where it settles, it might climb like Rise of The Beasts did, but the Verified Audience score is only 88% after the Thursday night fan-filled previews Flash-wise...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

the insane wom Elemental had in Korea made me check, and it seems like one of the writers is Asian and so is the va for the fire girl, is Elemental a movie with Asian sensibilities (dont know how else to phrase it); maybe Asia could help save it from being that big of a flo

if that's the case them I'm not sure why they didn't try to at least hint at it in the marketing

I thought it was a movie about Asian immigrants learning to be less racist.

So I have been inactive for while and idk if I should say this or not

But I am actually glad Flash is being not received well. 

Hollywood tried it level best to save another man just like they always do , calling it best superhero movie of all time and what not. 

I am glad it's not working this time. 

• Like 2