Eric Prime

Father’s Day/Juneteenth Weekend Thread | Flash implodes with 55M, Elemental bombs with 29M, holdovers hold atrociously | Theaters are dead, streaming is dead. Everything is dead really.

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

also anyone noticed Transformers is going to utterly collapse? Fair to call it a flop I think

Yeah its been kind of having those vibes for a bit. Its weekdays were kind of weak. Only reason I hesitate to call it a flop is it seems to have done what Paramount wanted it to do judging by their confidence in saying that second film was happening with Caple Jr returning but...we'll see. Definitely not a great result though.

1 minute ago, Mulder said:

The 10:40 has sold 8 seats dude in a theater which seats 83. It's not overindexing in some crazy way.

We practically live at that mall and the entire lobby was visibly full at 8 pm.

Clearly this means a huge day is in store 😲

• Haha 2
  • Knock It Off 1

7 minutes ago, Mulder said:

The 10:40 has sold 8 seats dude in a theater which seats 83. It's not overindexing in some crazy way.

To be fair, it sounds like that poster only watches DC films. Maybe that's what a packed theatre by his usual standard.

• Haha 7

Just now, vafrow said:

To be fair, it sounds like that poster only watches DC films. Maybe that's what a packed theatre by his usual standard.

lol no

22 minutes ago, John Marston said:

also anyone noticed Transformers is going to utterly collapse? Fair to call it a flop I think

It was a flop in the moment its WW OW was 170M on a 200M budget. The movie is a big fucking nothing. These movies don't have legs nowadays.

11 minutes ago, vafrow said:

Child I remember the opening days of Episode 1, X-Men, Pearl Harbor, Harry Potter, Spider-man, Matrix Reloaded, Spider-man 2, Sith, Pirates 2, The Dark Knight, Transformers 2, Avengers, The Dark knight Rises, Jurassic World, Da Force Awakens, Infinity War, Endgame...popcorn machines couldn't keep up in those days. 

I also remember the overfilled popcorn machines and bored overstaff theater on opening day for Batman Begins. :( 

90% of at Jordans Furniture or Milford theater. The Dark Knight Rises remains the best experience, followed by 3 way tie of Spider-man, Dark Knight, and Avengers. 

Edited by excel1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, across the Jat verse said:

Without seeing numbers, its summer, 2nd weekend drops are supposed to be bad.

66% drop in a weekend with Father's Day and a holiday Monday is awful. It is Fast X level of 2nd weekend drop awfulness.

• Like 2

The thing about the Flash is that Ezra is pretty clearly the best thing about the movie, and if they had been able to promote it and have it received as a lovable origin story for this character it'd just be doing alot better overall. But, alas.

• Like 5

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

The thing about the Flash is that Ezra is pretty clearly the best thing about the movie, and if they had been able to promote it and have it received as a lovable origin story for this character it'd just be doing alot better overall. But, alas.

ehh you'd think... but isn't it disastrous?

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

ehh you'd think... but isn't it disastrous?

First hour when it's just a basic Flash story is better than most superhero movies of the past five years tbh. Falls apart after that but my audience was laughing their ass off at some of the bits (and not remotely reacting to any of the moments where they were supposed to "cheer" at shit)

• Like 2

When tracking first came out pointing towards potential 100-140m OW for Flash I was sceptical given how poorly all recent DC films have performed. Was expecting 80-90m range but almost everyone said it no way does that low, before pre-sales. Not even I thought Flash would underwhelm this much. 

How much money is DC/Warner going to lose from these recent films. Absolutely in shambles at the moment that division. At least Aquaman 2 is certain to pull a profit. Do believe budgets should be targeting no higher than 150m for their future films.

• Like 1