Bob Train

Steve Rogers Birthday Bash Weekend Thread | 5-Day #s: Indy 83.4, Elemental 18, Spidey 17.65, Sound of Freedom 14.2, No Hard Feelings 11.3

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

And?  No one probably remembers it...and you can always adjust it to go somewhere different - different story, different enemy, different talking point...

Heck, take it to a classroom for a speech to a group...anything where he's talking and emoting, but not actioning except for the "one moment" to get nostalgia...but he opens and closes the movie...

I rememeber it but then again that's from before I used to go to bed at 8 pm.....do we really think that would work better on the big screen then it did on tv? I only watched that episode cause he was on it....for a total of like 3 and a half minutes

7 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Was The Flash a character popular in the 80s? The more you know I guess.

Yes, in 1986 he was shockingly killed off in a huge comic series, and he was replaced with Wally who overtook him in popularity in the early 90s.

For the Flash movie plenty of the focus went to Batman (who was very popular in the 80s with O'Neil's run, The Dark Knight Returns, Batman Year One, The Killing Joke, and Burton's Film with Keaton) and Supergirl who was very popular in the 80s until her failed movie in 1984.  She was also killed off in the a very popular and at the time loved comic event series.

2 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Japan

Disney has been in grave since July 2020. No improvement at all. "Star Wars: Episode IX – The Rise of Skywalker" left undefeatable - even "Avatar: The Way Of Water" hardly reached 59% of that Total (JPY)

Back To Black Funeral GIF by Amy Winehouse

I have a feeling maybe the DIS movie that will do better in Japan since pandemic will be Elemental 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, screambaby said:

I rememeber it but then again that's from before I used to go to bed at 8 pm.....do we really think that would work better on the big screen then it did on tv? I only watched that episode cause he was on it....for a total of like 3 and a half minutes

I think a new Indy doing crazy stunts and Indy action would work better than an 80 year old who can't, thus making for a very boring movie (apparently to those who've posted here and in reviews)...I mean, if you won't just dump Harrison outright, just use him where he still works...

Just want to reiterate again….I really liked this movie. 

Currently listening to The Big Picture guys discussing it, and it’s making me want to go see it again.  

Would highly recommend you all go and have fun with it this July 4th weekend, as we dissect its middling performance 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Human said:

Yes, in 1986 he was shockingly killed off in a huge comic series, and he was replaced with Wally who overtook him in popularity in the early 90s.

For the Flash movie plenty of the focus went to Batman (who was very popular in the 80s with O'Neil's run, The Dark Knight Returns, Batman Year One, The Killing Joke, and Burton's Film with Keaton) and Supergirl who was very popular in the 80s until her failed movie in 1984.  She was also killed off in the a very popular and at the time loved comic event series.

I mean, LMAO. Yeah, popular with the comic book crowd. Like Hawkman and Dr. Fate I guess. The idea that The Flash and Indiana Jones failed because of nostalgia is ridiculous in my mind. 

1 minute ago, MightyDargon said:

I'm sad Bruce has Alzheimer's but it was good his family finally came clean about it. Had that disclosure not happened I'm sure the godawful Die Hard/McClane concept would have been made to further strip mine his legacy.

They did that with the Russia one anyways

4 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I have a feeling maybe the DIS movie that will do better in Japan since pandemic will be Elemental 

I hope so. I don't understand why they are ignoring traditional leggy markets. I hope they don't destroy things like "Encanto"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, screambaby said:

They did that with the Russia one anyways

That wouldn't have stopped them from doing even worse if they thought they could possibly shuffle him on. "Bruce checking out" was a very poorly kept secret during his DTV years. I also think Fox, and possibly Disney would have absolutely been desperate enough to do the hybrid McClane script involving cutting between present Bruce and McClane played by a younger actor, which would have pissed people off even more.

• Like 1