baumer

Weekend Thread | July 7-9 | Weekend Estimates on Page 32

1 hour ago, KP1025 said:

Looks like The Flash managed to pull ahead of Asteroid City by a measly $13,000 after actuals.

11 (8) The Flash Warner Bros. $2,265,830 -57% 1,723 -995 $1,315 $105,210,665 4
12 (9) Asteroid City Focus Features $2,252,795 -47% 1,111 -790 $2,028 $24,017,135 4

Lol. Lmao, even. Lmfao, if you will.

33 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

At least from Green Lantern we got a good celeb couple and a likeable movie star being able to joke about it.

The Flash has uh?

Actually Green Lantern’s whole existence is justified by this scene alone:

Few endings made me laugh as much as Deadpool 2. Even harder with the SuperDuperCut. So yeah, thank you WB for this.

• Haha 1

On 7/9/2023 at 5:03 PM, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

PlayStation (along with Switch) is still the console most people play on.

Didn't know they made a new Mazinger game recently though

Great to know, thank you Robrtman. Feels like PS is forever present.

Yes, the link I posted obviously confirms Game about to be released in UK. 

Also, it confirms my point that much more of potential is Grendizer, which was used

instead of naturally expected Mazinger Z who started it all. I mean reading about what setna wrote

about hype and fame in Spain.... To me, Mazinger itself had several resurections, which actually screams 

out loud original Mazinger has a a bit of dated looks, unlike Grendizer.To sum up all Grendizer is all that

is missing in Pacific Rim and Transformer series.

Who wants to know more can check out this link

Bit of a plot similar to Tetris movie. Kind of sad to notice Mr.Taron Egerton Tetris was never released theatrically .

On 7/9/2023 at 1:35 PM, pryda said:

Hola setna!

Croatia, but can say Worldwide , went everywhere thanks to the job :)

Gracias for all you wrote, nice to know about statue!, Been for a short while on IMBD forums (whilst was still active), but nobody reacted to similar post, but guess what 1st I found out there was a Crossover between Mazinger and Transformer Universe in 2019, a looks like a short while ago there is a Grendizer PS4 and PS5 game released! (Got no idea how popular PS these days is?) Trying to post at least a photo of Grendizer here, can't make it.Perhaps you can help, absolutely mind boggling!

Hello Pryda!!
Thanks for your kind words, yeah maybe it´s too much time ago and maybe the people in the forums are very young or in their countries wasn´t popular.

About Grendizer i don´t know much and in Spain i think never was released, i know him about rading the story of Mazinger Z at the internet.
And for me was also a surprise to read here a comment talking about Mazinger, first time in these years here around, so it was a nice surprise and i don´t have any doubt that Del Toro was inspired from Mazinger for Pacific Rim.

About the photo i´ll try it, but i don´t use to post anything except words.
Nice to meet you and exchnge about so memorable story!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, setna said:

Hola Setna, you are welcome! Great to exchage all :)

Perhaps, this below might be for you to discover a complete new World of Grandizer, because no matter how big was Mazinger Z

Grendizer is arguably the best Robot ever made! (Visually, weapons, villains in series... you name it) So please, take a look at few stats below

In Europe, Grendizer was a major success in France and Italy, known in both countries as Goldorak and Goldrake respectively.

In Italy, the Italian dub theme songs were among the best-selling singles of 1978, with the first selling over 700,000 copies and the second selling over 1,000,000 copies.

UFO Robot Grendizer Raid was released theatrically as Goldorak and became a hit at the French box office, selling 922,964 tickets upon release in 1979.

In Arab Countries, the show was also extremely popular, first airing in Lebanon in 1979 under the title (Moughamarat Al Fada: UFO - Grendizer, Adventures In Space: UFO - Grendizer) before being distributed to most other Arabic speaking regions. Unlike the Italian and French dubs, the Arabic dub retained the characters’ names and kept songs from the Japanese version.

These days besides Playstation 4 & 5 Grendizer game, there is a Netflix Grandizer series available.

This topic soon will be dead and dusted as weekend is behind us... (Weekday thread about to surface)

maybe we can start a new thread where Robots will be more talked about :)

Finaly, remember last Year at this time, even I did not say a word, followed you, Baumer, CapB, dark alfred, other posters and all of the Top Gun Maverick run. What a time that was!! Hardly expecting anything similar with MI and other summer/this year releases.

ps Apologies for all fonts sizes, but appears when you copy+paste from different sources, this is what happens.

Hello Pryda!!
Thanks for your kind words, yeah maybe it´s too much time ago and maybe the people in the forums are very young or in their countries wasn´t popular.

About Grendizer i don´t know much and in Spain i think never was released, i know him about rading the story of Mazinger Z at the internet.
And for me was also a surprise to read here a comment talking about Mazinger, first time in these years here around, so it was a nice surprise and i don´t have any doubt that Del Toro was inspired from Mazinger for Pacific Rim.

About the photo i´ll try it, but i don´t use to post anything except words.
Nice to meet you and exchnge about so memorable story!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pryda said:

Ha, ha ,ha it seems you´re a core fan of Grendizer!!!! 
I don´t want to enter in a battle :)  about was bigger and better, but it seems really difficult to erase all the memories and heroes from childhood, so for you Grendizer is N.1 and for me Mazinger will be forever and ever, hahaha...

You gave me also a nice surprise commenting about my posts with TGm, i didn´t know i could have followers here, great!!

I usually post really few, only with runs that i really love like Titanic, Avatar and of course like last year with TGM, cause for me has been the 2nd most interesting run to follow in the 21st Century, after Avatar, of course.

I´m and old school fan of leggy runs, much more than mega first weekend gross like is usual last years. 
i also follow international trends and especially admissions count threads, but these are not really popular here, for this, i´m surprise and happy to know that somebody followed and enjoyed my posts. TGM was something really nice to follow, and i was very active in that time, adding data and some statistics that i love the most.

Cptn Brittles did an amazing job with his posts and of course Baumer, is one of the legends here, i usally like his comments and also the nice numbers from Mike, always very interesting.

Thanks for your kindness and good energy, i hope you can post more here, it´s a pleasure to echange with you.

Let´s hope soon we´ll have another event like TGM, but i have big doubts about it, these phenomenoms happens few times.

Enjoy your beautifu Croatia or wherever you are and keep in touch here.

Grendizer, great, but number 2!!!  ))))) 

11 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Who had The Flash at lower Domestic B.O. with worse legs than Green Lantern :sick:

Inflation adjusted, Green Lantern opened to $70M Domestic and ends at $154M. Granted, you need to take decreased moviegoing into account but that's Black Adam's gross not the true shitshows we're now seeing.