baumer

Weekend Thread | July 7-9 | Weekend Estimates on Page 32

15 minutes ago, LegionGPT said:

From May 12 - Jul 21 we won’t have any back to back wknd winners, I wonder how strong a streak that is historically (that’s 11 weeks — could even go all the way to like, October, but I’m expecting Barbie 2nd wknd will top Mansion for now).

I remember in 2011 there was a new #1 every week from the start of the year until Hop in April. I think that's the record for that particular stat.

• Thanks 1

Early numbers suggest we’re going to get Sat bumps in line with 6/24 weekend. That would be +30% for ATSV and Elemental, like $3.75 and $3.0 respectively 

Edit; yeah, looks like last Sat was definitely deflated by July 4th activities

Edited by M37

5 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

I remember in 2011 there was a new #1 every week from the start of the year until Hop in April. I think that's the record for that particular stat.

Nicely remembered. Looks like 13 wknds in 2011 and 1 in 2010 (Focker’s 2nd) for a total of 14

4 minutes ago, M37 said:

Early numbers suggest we’re going to get Sat bumps in line with 6/24 weekend. That would be +30% for ATSV and Elemental, like $3.75 and $3.0 respectively 

Pretty much what the calendar match suggests as well (though last sun was better than 2017 so wknd/wknd drops will appear harsher):

https://www.the-numbers.com/box-office-chart/daily/2017/06/24

https://www.the-numbers.com/box-office-chart/daily/2017/07/08

• Like 1

Gonna be funny when Transformers comes in just *over* $5m in actuals. 

Cool to see it continue to hold pretty well, btw. Starting next weekend I imagine it will get hit pretty hard, though. Should still hit $150m.

5 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

And here I thought the numbers for it couldn't get any more depressing. 

3 minutes ago, Starphanluke said:

Gonna be funny when Transformers comes in just *over* $5m in actuals. 

Cool to see it continue to hold pretty well, btw. Starting next weekend I imagine it will get hit pretty hard, though. Should still hit $150m.

And here I thought the numbers for it couldn't get any more depressing. 

I mean, it's already over 2x legs, so it's doing as much as its open would suggest...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pryda said:

Hola setna!

Croatia, but can say Worldwide , went everywhere thanks to the job :)

Gracias for all you wrote, nice to know about statue!, Been for a short while on IMBD forums (whilst was still active), but nobody reacted to similar post, but guess what 1st I found out there was a Crossover between Mazinger and Transformer Universe in 2019, a looks like a short while ago there is a Grendizer PS4 and PS5 game released! (Got no idea how popular PS these days is?) Trying to post at least a photo of Grendizer here, can't make it.Perhaps you can help, absolutely mind boggling!

PlayStation (along with Switch) is still the console most people play on.

Didn't know they made a new Mazinger game recently though

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

This is correct (for as far back as I've looked). Since the $100M+ openers almost always get a week of breathing room, it either takes a weaker period when you don't have any, plus no surprise hit that holds for a couple of weeks (think Crazy Rich Asians). This is the odd year where the two biggest releases in that period (Mermiad and ASTV) were back to back, and even the latter got topped in weekend 2. And that was only because of the late schedule change where ATSV had to find spot, and nothing else moved

Will note that Summer of 2013 did have 10 different titles at #1 over 12 weeks, with only Monster U and DM2 repeating over the 5/31 - 8/16 stretch.. And then also 16/19 into October (The Butler being the other back to back), before Gravity went on a 3 week run

Edited by M37
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

qUhE4QQ.png

:hahaha:

Better than r/BOT-Tracking, given how often those posts seem to get transferred over and draw in the redditors back here

• Like 1
  • Haha 1