baumer

Weekday numbers July 10-13

1 hour ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

And aside from a couple of Endgames per year, exhibition will continue to be weak. That's the new harsh reality this summer has demonstrated. Audiences are ruthless now. If it isn't considered a Dark Knight-level masterpiece by at least the masses, then they'll just catch it on Netflix and the like. Inflation has raised the stakes.

Was Mario Dark Knight level masterpiece?

4 minutes ago, cannastop said:

hmm...

Why do you suppose they allowed the World's Tallest IMAX to be built in Pooler, Georgia?

Because the location met the technical specs, the next closest IMAX screen was 2 hours away in Augusta or Charleston, and theater was willing to spend the money to upgrade and install it?

They're not against expansion, but there is a distinction between that and watering down the brand

• Like 1

An afternoon ticket to see Dead Reckoning on that World’s Tallest IMAX screen in Pooler, GA (just outside Savannah, GA) will cost you $25. An afternoon showing at the Lincoln Square IMAX in New York City will cost you $23 or $29 depending on the showing you attend.

• Like 2

Big drops all around for everything on Wednesday with the exception of Sound of Freedom which actually increased.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

I'll judge this come Sunday. As far as I'm concerned it is 17m ahead of FALLOUT and I wouldn't say it's guaranteed that the 3-day OW will be lower.

I am willing to bet big it's not hitting fallout 3 day. We are in heart of summer and Thursday will be ~7-8m.

• Like 2

Let's say it does 8 Thurs

Friday 20 (150%)

Sat 27 (35%)

Sun 20.5 (-25%)

That 67.5

Is that realistic?

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

Let's say it does 8 Thurs

Friday 20 (150%)

Sat 27 (35%)

Sun 20.5 (-25%)

That 67.5

Is that realistic?

Mario only jumped 106% Thu -> Fri and that was outside of summer, maybe I'm missing a better comp but idk why MI7 would jump that high. 

Wed: 8.5

Thu: 8

Fri: 15.2 (+90%)

Sat: 21.3 (+40%)

Fri: 17 (-20%)

Gets 70, then adding on the 7m from Tuesday (which I think the trades are doing since they are calling wednesday a $15.5m OD) you get $77m, better weekend holds as Jat is seeing could maybe push 80 for the 5-day.

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

Mario only jumped 106% Thu -> Fri and that was outside of summer, maybe I'm missing a better comp but idk why MI7 would jump that high. 

Wed: 8.5

Thu: 8

Fri: 15.2 (+90%)

Sat: 21.3 (+40%)

Fri: 17 (-20%)

Gets 70, then adding on the 7m from Tuesday (which I think the trades are doing since they are calling wednesday a $15.5m OD) you get $77m, better weekend holds as Jat is seeing could maybe push 80 for the 5-day.

You'd also add on the $2-$2.5M from Sun/Mon that is just sitting that no one is counting to any particular day yet...that would be a close enough $80M...

• Like 2