baumer

Weekday numbers July 10-13

44 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Or...they came out for Cavill who - being an extremely hot guy even in his worst Witcher wig - looked at his hottest in Fallout. Like, "daddy, rub your moustache all over me, throw me over your shoulder and take me to your doomsday cult base and fuck me till I can't stand up" hot.

I need to stop visiting this site at work, I literally laughed out loud at this.

• Haha 5

28 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Unfortunately I do think below is the reason.

And "Punch my ass in this bathroom"! 

Henry Cavill on his meme-worthy moment from 'Mission: Impossible – Fallout'

LORD when he reloaded them arms my anal walls collapsed 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 5

14 minutes ago, baumer said:

I think some of you guys have lost your minds LOL why would there be even whispers of canceling MI8? Let's say our worst film makes 18 0 to match 450 overseas. 630 million. Hardly a bomb definitely below expectations but it's nothing to panic over LOL and the budget for the next one is going to be probably 100 million less than this one. Every film or every Tent-pole that seems to be made during covid has an astronomical budget. I don't see another covid shutting down movies in the foreseeable future.

When you consider Paramount made the fourth Mission Impossible after the third one underperformed, the chances of the next film being cancelled is zilch. Not unless they want to burn bridges with Tom Cruise. 

There's overreacting and then there is pure idiocy and a lot of people fall into the latter. 

• Like 1

It’s hard to fathom how such a massive proportion of TGM’s audience haven’t come out to see Cruise in this. What does he need to do? Fly a fighter jet? 

I really did think it would have a push from audiences who loved that movie, but clearly not. It’s just the standard still huge MI crowd, but what is everybody else even doing at this point? The movie is brilliant. They know it’s meant to be brilliant.  

anyways, I’ll be disappointed with under $700 million WW for this. Here’s hoping for a big weekend surprise where the afterburners kick in. 

9 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Apollo 13 got close with 38 straight days of $1 million or more

Post cancelled, I found The Sixth Sense, which has a 45 day streak of $1 million+ days and no weekend above $30 million.

EDIT: Bridesmaids also has this distinction.

Edited by cannastop
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Austin said:

First trailer for Dead Reckoning is better fight me

yep, fallout might be better edited, but DR's has some insane imagery 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Post cancelled, I found The Sixth Sense, which has a 45 day streak of $1 million+ days and no weekend above $30 million.

EDIT: Bridesmaids also has this distinction.

Forrest Gump probably beats this mark but we don't know what the detailed daily numbers are.

For those saying this franchise has never been big, the first one was the 3rd movie domestic in 1996 and the second movie was second in 2000. For this one to do less than the first one's 180M unadjusted is baaad. Clearly, the franchise has run its course and it's time to end it.

Edited by Maggie
  • Like 1
  • Knock It Off 12

11 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

It’s hard to fathom how such a massive proportion of TGM’s audience haven’t come out to see Cruise in this. What does he need to do? Fly a fighter jet? 

I really did think it would have a push from audiences who loved that movie, but clearly not. It’s just the standard still huge MI crowd, but what is everybody else even doing at this point? The movie is brilliant. They know it’s meant to be brilliant.  

anyways, I’ll be disappointed with under $700 million WW for this. Here’s hoping for a big weekend surprise where the afterburners kick in. 

It was obvious nostalgia played a big part in TGM's success..it brought out lot of people who rarely even go to theatres anymore atleast once a year...these people didn't come out to watch TGM due to Cruise, it has more to do with it being sequel of TopGun

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

yep, fallout might be better edited, but DR's has some insane imagery 

I'm baffled by these takes. The DR trailers have been very very bad. Fallout trailers were exponentially superior.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rebelscum86 said:

This. All my wife's celebrity crushes stop at the late 90s early 2000s (Brendan Fraser, Vigo Mortensen) but she LOVES Cavill and immediately rewound and rewatched the bathroom fight.

It's not about Cavill. His other movies are flops, but the trailer with Cavill in the bathroom fight was excellent and it went viral. It's about the imaginary. It was indeed a great trailer.

Or maybe the person who said too many women in an action movie was right. Clearly women audience who would be interested in action heroine didn't come and men want to see men fight on screen. I don't subscribe to this, but it's a possibility

• Like 1