baumer

Weekday numbers July 10-13

Elemental's endurance is really nice to see. Turning Red should've been Pixar's start to rebuild theater going but its nice to see this thing have staying power. ... it's almost as if Pixar films can do well in theaters and then do very well on D+ months later.... huh, what do you know 😐

Edited by AdrianL
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

If you have some free time, go through this twitter thread for some good laughs lol...people have gotten so deep into conspiracy rabbit hole that they try to see some conspiracy in everything 

That first one’s a crazy person but she’s kinda hot ngl 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wildphantom said:

let’s hope so. I was so down on its opening but the legs have been wonderful to see. If there’s one movie that’s rendered jumping to absolutes after one weekend foolish it’s this one.  The box office continues to surprise us 

Honestly people here and other places were proclaiming Pixar was going to be gone within a few years, they have egg on their face now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pepsa said:

Isn't the only reason we expect thursday drops because of the previews of new openers? I mean if there is no competition thursday is often a day that holds flat (some movies increase, some decrease a tiny bit). Af far as I can remember there don't seem any noteworty movie releasing this thursday so I would expect movies to follow the normal 'no new competition thursday' patern.

That’s exactly what I said. 

11 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

If you have some free time, go through this twitter thread for some good laughs lol...people have gotten so deep into conspiracy rabbit hole that they try to see some conspiracy in everything 

Conspiracy theorist going to conspiracy theorist. They’re always so angry about everything. She seems like a Karen. 

13 minutes ago, AdrianL said:

Elemental's endurance is really nice to see. Turning Red should've been Pixar's start to rebuild theater going but its nice to see this thing have staying power. ... it's almost as if Pixar films can do well in theaters and then do very well on D+ months later.... huh, what do you know 😐

If they are good films.

looking at you Lightyear

13 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

That’s exactly what I said. 

My bad, I red it as: Lessen the blow => still expecting some kind of blow on thursday, so sorry for my misunderstanding!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

SMH, Everything is a conspiracy to these people. They'll say they are open minded but conspiracy people are closed minded. They "do the research" to come to conclusion that fits whatever they think is the "truth".

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

You think they’d be happy with free tickets. 

Alas, this video just proves they unfortunately have ulterior motives for seeing this particular film. 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

34 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Conspiracy theorist going to conspiracy theorist. They’re always so angry about everything. She seems like a Karen. 

20 minutes ago, JimmyB said:

SMH, Everything is a conspiracy to these people. They'll say they are open minded but conspiracy people are closed minded. They "do the research" to come to conclusion that fits whatever they think is the "truth".

9 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

You think they’d be happy with free tickets. 

Alas, this video just proves they unfortunately have ulterior motives for seeing this particular film. 

heath ledger joker GIF

51 minutes ago, AdrianL said:

technically we don't know how well Elemental will do on Disney Plus but I'm sure it will be fine.

Lightyear didn't make a dent at all on the Plus really. Wasn't even in the top 15 movies of the year on Nielsen Streaming ratings.

e314e6ebc9bbc6b6943e4d807e384ad90deab108

Edited by cannastop
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Skim Beeble said:

My AMC showed the Barbie and Oppenheimer trailers back to back before MI7. Can't be a coincidence lol.

They were also the last two trailers before the studio attachments which makes me believe that it was strategic. 

5 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

will screen allocation next week be 90% Barbie ,Oppenheimer & MI7?

Uhh no?

I'm thinking of 18 screen Regal Atlantic Station and I think more than two screens will be for movies other than those three.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

will screen allocation next week be 90% Barbie ,Oppenheimer & MI7?

I'd say 80% vs 90%...of course, if the theater has 3 screens or less, it will be 100%, but overall, an 80% spread between the movies at 6-16s seems about right...