CJohn

TOM CRUISE LOVES HIS POPCORN. MOVIES. POPCORN: THE WEEKEND THREAD | We are just waiting for Barbenheimer here

7 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

A very bold Sunday estimate. I believe Paramount just want that 80m franchise best headline.

Jul 14, 2023 1 $16,750,000 +102% 4,327 $3,871   $40,554,000 3
Jul 15, 2023 1 $21,400,000 +28% 4,327 $4,946   $61,954,000 4
Jul 16, 2023 1 $18,050,000 -16% 4,327 $4,171   $80,004,000 5

Which is funny, because even $78M would have been “franchise best” (Fallout = $77.5M) They wanted the $80M number

I’ll take the under fwiw 

• Like 1

Just now, TheFlatLannister said:

Actuals will be $78M right? Assuming $16M Sunday 

Prob $79M, -20% Sun or so 

Good Opening..... 

If movie didn't had the budget of 291 million and Tom Cruise wasn't coming off from TGM and Fallout wasn't one of the best action movies in recent times and DR Part 1 hadn't gotten glorious reviews and there wasn't Barbieheimer in 2nd weekend.

Good thing none of that happened, so good Opening.

• Like 2

Just now, Algebra said:

You know who did a Mr Beast collab…DC for Black Adam 💀

People here will keep ignoring that Barbie isn’t powerful because of memes and TikTok until they are blue. The type of built in audience that Barbie has from the get go no marketing campaign can gather. It’s not about going viral and lo and behold, butts on the seats for the viral thing. 

Do you know what also went viral and nobody came? Morbius. And it’s not because of superhero fatigue, it’s simply because absolutely no one has ever asked for a Morbius film, hell it’s debatable if any Spider-Man fan on their right mind would want Morbius as a Spider-Man villain in a film, let alone a film made around him. 

Im really glad Mission Impossible recovered a bit. Its been said often enough, but again: These are the kind of movies which truly deserve all the money. Box office has nothing to do with "deserving", i know, but especially fter seeing it, its films like Dead Reckoning for which the cinema experience exists.

And i want to underline @JohnnyGossamer point about the women in this one. I honestly cant think of another action film that uses its female characters so well. Just a blast seeing them on screen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2