CJohn

TOM CRUISE LOVES HIS POPCORN. MOVIES. POPCORN: THE WEEKEND THREAD | We are just waiting for Barbenheimer here

15 minutes ago, The GOAT said:

I spoke to L. Ron Hubbard this morning. He said Dead Reckoning Part 1 is getting a -20% 2nd Weekend.

Top Gun Magic is En Route. I repeat. Top Gun Magic is EN ROUTE!!

Edited by The GOAT

5 hours ago, cannastop said:

Only a 5% Sunday to Sunday drop for Elemental. I wonder what Monday will be.

When Elemental got 12.3x IM during OW. I knew it is going to have a strong legs but a single-digit drop is still a big surprise to me. If the movie can survived under Barbie, elemental can even come close to PIB2. 

• Like 2

Elemental’s good legs could be because there is almost nothing for small kids to watch this summer. Little Mermaid and Spider-Verse skew older thanks to Mermaid being live action and Spider-Verse being 2 hrs and 20 minutes long and very dark. Ruby Gillman has also been booted out or only getting 1 or 2 showtimes at most theatres now too which is probably why it had a single digit drop on the weekend. Depending on how many theatres it loses I think it will continue to hold well this weekend too from Barbie spillover. 

Edited by Fanboy
  • Like 2

I'm really impressed with Sound of Freedom's numbers. It's totally beating The Flash domestically and perhaps Indy 5 domestically.

Movie is already a sucess and it could literally stop making any money. I loved it.

Edited by Blaze Heatnix

40 minutes ago, Jiffy said:

What will SOF's DOM/INTL ratio end up being lol.

from what im seeing on the ground, it'll perform decently in latin America

80 - 20 maybe?

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

39 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I'm really impressed with Sound of Freedom's numbers. It's totally beating The Flash domestically and perhaps Indy 5 domestically.

Movie is already a sucess and it could literally stop making any money. I loved it.

Astroturfing will do that

1 hour ago, Fanboy said:

Elemental’s good legs could be because there is almost nothing for small kids to watch this summer.

This is absolutely the case.

1 hour ago, Fanboy said:

Little Mermaid and Spider-Verse skew older thanks to Mermaid being live action

I think it's more than Little Mermaid is an older movie. people already saw it.

1 hour ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I finally saw this movie talked about outside of this forum today. I was on snapchat and clicked on one of those influencer tabs and the woman said that she just saw SOF and that it was "so good". Outside of that and people talking about its box office on this forum...I haven't heard one peep about this movie in real life and haven't even seen it advertised or a online ad or anything. I would never even know this movie existed if I didn't post on this forum.

Edited by eddyxx

Just now, eddyxx said:

I finally saw this movie talked about outside of this forum today. I was on snapchat and clicked on one of those influencer tabs and the woman said that she just saw SOF and that it was "so good". Outside of that and people talking about its box office on this forum...I haven't heard one peep about this movie in real life and haven't even seen it advertised or a online ad or anything.

I mean I don't usually hear about movies in real life.

Though I once heard my supervisor give an enthusiastic recommendation of Elemental to someone, and said that The Little Mermaid was sleep-inducing.

6 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I mean I don't usually hear about movies in real life.

Though I once heard my supervisor give an enthusiastic recommendation of Elemental to someone, and said that The Little Mermaid was sleep-inducing.

A couple of my co-workers talked about Guardians 3 and that was it.