Eric Prime

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

we might have differing taste idk. Your Name and Weathering with You i was both kinda meh on but this one really worked for me. 

They were middling for me as well. I mean I liked them but I didn't get the hype.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Fox News have done a hit piece on Barbie this morning, “warning parents”. Gross. 

Next week it'll be "boycott Haunted Mansion because it's woke (for most of its leads being non-white) and will lead kids to want to buy real life haunted mansions" or something similarly stupid. The fake outrage machine never stops.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cannastop said:

lol. Only 75 year olds watch that shit

Hmm I think there’s a scarily huge population of younger loonies. The three (white of course) women talking about it were certainly under 40. 

They were saying it features “trans grooming” (it doesn’t, I’m not even sure if that’s a thing), and were offended that Barbie chooses the ugly sandal instead of the high heel (she doesn’t, another character makes her). One of them was offended that Barbie doesn’t just want a husband and children (!).

Alas, none of them have seen the film. But it’s Fox News. 

Edited by Krissykins

Just now, Krissykins said:

Hmm I think there’s a scarily huge population of younger loonies. The three (white of course) women talking about it were certainly under 40. 

Well sure lots of crazy people... fox news might hire youngish white women but the audience is old as fuck.

I think the most exciting thing about this weekend is that everybody (EVERYBODY) is talking about movies. And not some Netflix release. They’re talking about movie theaters. 

After the last 3 years or so, it feels so good to be back. I haven’t been this excited for a weekend thread since Jurassic World (for all you BOTers who were around back then, you all know how glorious that thread was).

• Like 13

25 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

@Brainbug your rookie number mockery of @Krissykins with regards to Scream repeat viewings begs the question once more…..

How many times did you see JWD in theatres again?

16 times.

I still have no regrets about that.

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 3

10 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I think the most exciting thing about this weekend is that everybody (EVERYBODY) is talking about movies. And not some Netflix release. They’re talking about movie theaters. 

After the last 3 years or so, it feels so good to be back. I haven’t been this excited for a weekend thread since Jurassic World (for all you BOTers who were around back then, you all know how glorious that thread was).

I also think that no Weekend thread ever will beat Jurassic World. Has nothing to do with the movies, but back in 2015, we didnt have the tracking thread basically telling us how a movie will perform, we had Rth giving ud update after update, constantly getting higher and higher (and jizzing his and our pants), we had way less strict rules in the threads, so the shit- and memeposting was real and on top of that, the numbers came from a movie where really nobody except @excel1 was predicting an OW-Record challenger.

JW 1 was a perfect box office storm.

Edit: To prevent any misunderstandings, the tracking team does a truly awesome job and its an exciting thing onto itself, that we bascially get our box office information in near real-time now. But it also means theres less and less surprise breakouts happening for us. Again, i dont mean that in any way negative, its just different times now.

Edited by Brainbug

32 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

@Brainbug your rookie number mockery of @Krissykins with regards to Scream repeat viewings begs the question once more…..

How many times did you see JWD in theatres again?

If we are throwing rookies numbers around, I saw Endgame six times opening weekend and 10 in total. We did:

5PM Thursday AMC Empire 25

2AM Friday AMC Lincoln Square IMAX

7PM Friday AMC Lincoln Square IMAX

10PM Friday AMC Lincoln Square IMAX

10AM Saturday AMC Empire 25 Dolby

12PM Sunday Hometown IMAX (after a 7 hour bus ride home)

Last time I did that was CATFA, also did 10 times. 

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

6 hours ago, Fanboy said:

Not sure if you're talking about the meme or the actual scene from Challengers but same tbh. I wouldn't mind being any of them but I'll swap Zendaya's place in a heartbeat lmao. 

Both. Men are the best and I want them to treat me like a king at all times. Especially those two cuties :cloud9:

3 minutes ago, Cap said:

If we are throwing rookies numbers around, I saw Endgame six times opening weekend and 10 in total. We did:

I watched Endgame more than 20 times at movie theaters. I literally lost count lmao. It’s my all time record. 0 regrets and if I could I would go once again today.

5 minutes ago, Cap said:

How can you watch the same movie six times in one weekend without being tired of it?

I usually have to let it rest at least a week before watching the movie again

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, DAJK said:

What's really exciting about this weekend is that neither films are sequels, so there's no barrier to entry for either film.

I think the continued franchisation of films means that people who missed the last one can easily opt out of the dialogue around new releases.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cap said:

six times opening weekend is glorious. 

I saw it twice OW and three times in the first week. That was my lot then. 

Most times I’ve seen the same movie in first run….

Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones. Both five times. 

• Heart 1