Eric Lasagna

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

‘Barbie’ & ‘Oppenheimer’ Box Office Mania Begins: Doll Eyes Around $20M, Nolan Epic $9M In Previews

EXCLUSIVE: The box office event of the year which has Warner Bros. mass female attraction, Barbie, and Universal’s Christopher Nolan directed, Oppenheimer, has officially fired off its confetti guns with the movies seeing respectively an estimated $20M and $9M+ from their previews. Again, these numbers could fluctuate by morning.

Edited by Ryan Reynolds

21 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Post titanic cameron is ehh. Still liked avatar 2 but God sections had me rolling my eyes , the plot with the children is just so painfully generic and in my head I was like "cameron you can definitely do better than this" 

Stephen Lang plotline ,like seriously are u kidding me.

Third act was the best part of the film.

Think titanic got to his head Abit. Just hate his long waits btn movies now .I know he wants to perfect the VFX but the scripts are just not  worth the wait .

T2 and Titanic are his major achievements imo.

Aliens is good but prefer the original.

Nolan is my favorite director and he is not perfect ,he has his flaws too but he is definitely miles way better than what Cameron is now.

Avatar should have been just one film and some  will disagree . Yes Pandora is massive world but clearly Cameron doesn't really know what to do with other than his VFX obsession.

First movie kind of  worked but the second film he clearly ran out of ideas. 

Probably this has something to do with the age? JC was in this 30s-40s when he made Titanic and Terminator, that is pretty much Nolan had his prime. 

So Oppenheimer's preview number is potentially 60% higher than Dunkirk's preview number. If it's able to have similar performance over the next few days, it could go over $80M for the weekend. Even if the previews make up a bigger percentage of opening weekend than Dunkirk, it could still land well above $60 million for the weekend. That's very good!