Eric Lasagna

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

6 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

If barbie makes 190-200 M without IMAX and against a 90M debut It's the most relevant OW in box office history After end game.

If Oppenheimer makes 90M with rated R 3 hours movie against a 200M opener It's in the top 5 of the most relevant OW. 

No.

• Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

3 minutes ago, Redolent said:

Oppenheimer target audience has woken up from their naps. The fightback begins.

Old Man Technology GIF by The Mole Agent

There was at least a 50 year age gap between the people on my left and on my right at my Oppenheimer showing yesterday and everybody was of voting age. 

I think pretty much every STEM and History professor will make an effort to see Oppenheimer with plenty of grads in those disciplines also lining up to see it. Mix in the younger skewing Nolan fans along with the awards circuit fans and you have a wide berth of people, personalities and ages seeing the film.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

I'm thinking 7-7.5x IM for Barbie (156-167)

8-9x for Oppy (84-94), that runtime and the spillover is gonna be insane on that one

Barbie has gotta be on the high end of that, at least.

Just now, vale9001 said:

Yes not sequels. 200m Is insane. No star wars episode 39 (with 3 at least the double of daily shows) can relate 😁

Independence Day and Pearl Harbor were non sequels/adaptions which opened in top 5 all time. PH did over long weekend too with a deflated. Don't think Barbie is looking anywhere close to top 5...

8 minutes ago, excel1 said:

0.0% chance Oppenheimer opens to that preview figure if it is by itself.

Nolan needs to send WB a thank you.

Thats actually bs because Barbie has literally all the Dolby Cinema and similar screens, which are more expensive than IMAX

Considering the reviews it has been getting mixed with the IMAX 70mm hype it would have opened big without Barbie too 

Edited by DK000