Eric Lasagna

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

12 minutes ago, PlatnumRoyce said:
Downton Abbey was at 73%. I just don't think we get more extreme splits than this at posttrak.

For previews (especially on wednesday) they made "lady night special screening" etc...

In the real weekend i think males for Barbie will be more. 

Edited by vale9001

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

My 82M prediction for Oppenheimer is now under your lower estimate??

We living in good times.

TDK and TDKR had 158M and 160M OW's respectively, but i think you meant original movies by Nolan? Or his best weekend not money-wise but in regards of the nature of the movie beeing a 3 Hour biopic?

Yeah forgot to specify non-bats OW of course, my bad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shawn said:

BARBIE

$22.3M

This is insane

Even with the $1.1m EA shows removed, it still beats every other preview number for the whole of 2023. 

Nice to see Oppenheimer go over $10m too, a first. Glad it won’t be another $60m opener this summer. $80m+.  

• Astonished 1

12 minutes ago, Boxx93 said:

Can we get 200 for Barbie and 100 for Oppenheimer?

Are there chances for that to happen?

I think so. Depends on how much backloaded Barbie is, due to being a shorter film.

Over $200M OW or close to it can happen.

Also, how much is the theater count for Barbie?

• Thanks 1

Oh yes, I’m sensing one of the best weekend threads of all time incoming. Jurassic World thread, you had a nice run. But CINEMA IS BACK BABY AND BOT IS HERE FOR IT.

Just for context, that Oppenheimer number is nearly 2x Dunkirk’s (5.5). Similar multi gets it to 95M weekend. I know Thursday previews work a little different in 2023 than 2017, but this is damn impressive no matter what.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

This is insane

Even with the $1.1m EA shows removed, it still beats every other preview number for the whole of 2023. 

Nice to see Oppenheimer go over $10m too, a first. Glad it won’t be another $60m opener this summer. $80m+.  

I mean, 60 would have been amazing for Oppenheimer. If it goes past 80, it's pure insanity.

And both will also do very well overseas (though, again, Barbie will be on the next level). This really is a weekend for the ages, with these two movies combined playing like Infinity War or something...

• Like 2

This is the weekend we were all born for.

I haven't been this excited about following a weekend since Endgame.

And at this rate, I'm probably more impressed with Oppenheimer's potential weekend number relative to it's subject matter 🤯

friends mom GIF

• Like 2

Enjoy possibly the only 3 good box office performances of the year (Mario included), because everything else could probably flop, because people now see maybe 1 or 3 movies a year on theaters. So few could massively overperform while lots on theaters could flop.  Barbie and Oppenheimer had buzz since they were annouced prepare for dissapoimtment for your faves. 

• ...wtf 1

Just now, Day and Date The Best said:

Enjoy possibly the only 3 good box office performances of the year (Mario included), because everything else could probably flop, because people now see maybe 1 or 3 movies a year on theaters. So few could massively overperform while lots on theaters could flop.  Barbie and Oppenheimer had buzz since they were annouced prepare for dissapoimtment for your faves. 

Get Out Ugh GIF

8 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I'm guessing, haven't checked, that this is the first time ever that 2 movies have done 10M+ in previews on the same weekend.

Correct. Its the first time two movies have done more than even $5M in previews on the same weekend

Older dudes didn't exactly show up for Oppenheimer either, so no surprise MI7 is flopping. I'm really surprised about the older dudes not being that into Oppie. I guess that audience is lost and cinema is a young people's venue

, we can’t call Oppenheimer older dude, as the 18-34 moviegoing crowd showed up at 66% for the 3-hour pic.