Eric is Anxious

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

7 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

So, unless Gunn's DC universe is a smash hit which snowballs into an Avengers-level run for the inevitable Justice League redo, it looks like Harry Potter 8 will keep the Warner opening record for perpetuity.

I think he can pull it off. If not with the first film, with a sequel.

13 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

It just come off as sexist shit in my head. I mean, Suicide Squad was a success but Morbius bombed and Leto is on the new Tron whatever that will also likely bomb. I don’t know fam but there is a pattern here and clearly isn’t Margot Robbie’s fault there.

I don't think Jared Leto as Joker was the reason why Suicide Squad was horrible. People seem to be fine with him on the trailers.

However, I agree that Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn was one of the main attractives for Suicide Squad. That was pretty obvious.

8 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

So, unless Gunn's DC universe is a smash hit which snowballs into an Avengers-level run for the inevitable Justice League redo, it looks like Harry Potter 8 will keep the Warner opening record for perpetuity.

The problem is that it will have to ramp up to this level.  Rebooting/revamping is gonna take time and so the biggest question is - will the studio let it do that?

Barbie breakout is a sign that a movie is indeed rely on its visual to wow audience. The movie fully embrace its pink as eye-candy troops. Like Avatar 2, these two movies make me a grateful person on how I am not a blind and I will take care my eyes every second from now.

Remember, we say we watch or see a movie. Of course eyes is the first organ that a movie should pleasure. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kon said:

I don't think Jared Leto as Joker was the reason why Suicide Squad was horrible. People seem to be fine with him on the trailers.

However, I agree that Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn was one of the main attractives for Suicide Squad. That was pretty obvious.

It was the reason i saw Suicide Squad in the first place.

I regretted doing so (still the worst movie ive ever seen in a cinema), but Robbies Quinn was certainly not one of the reasons. SS was just a fundamentally broken movie.

5 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Josh Hartnett trending on Twitter. Well done, Nolan.

Him and David Krumholtz need more high profile work ASAP.

Now for Nolan to Tenet Hartnett back to 2003 so he can take the Superman role.

• Like 2

Barbie clocked 12.8M admissions, which is the highest non-MCU/fresh IP film to open since EntTellgience began monitoring. Only Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness and Spider-Man: No Way Home are ahead of it.

Oppenheimer had 5.8M admissions which EntTelligence says a record breaker in the firm’s post pandemic era; the most attendees for an R-rated opening surpassing John Wick: Chapter 4‘s 5.2M.

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Kon said:

Suicide squad wasn't ruined by any actor, the script was just shit. That said I struggle to recall the last film Leto was in that wasn't either a dud, tanked or both lol

3 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Barbie breakout is a sign that a movie is indeed rely on its visual to wow audience. The movie fully embrace its pink as eye-candy troops. Like Avatar 2, these two movies make me a grateful person on how I am not a blind and I will take care my eyes every second from now.

Remember, we say we watch or see a movie. Of course eyes is the first organ that a movie should pleasure. 

what you said can seem so simple but it's so true too. 

Edited by vale9001

3 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I think he can pull it off. If not with the first film, with a sequel.

The issue is it's WB. If the first few aren't hits, will they continue bankrolling the universe? And considering how low profile the movies outside Superman and Batman are...I'm not holding my breath.

6 minutes ago, Kon said:

Hence why I find it mind boggling how BOT keeps repeating this silly narrative here. It’s not a personal jab on Krissynks btw, it’s literally the third or fourth time I read this here and just doesn’t make sense in my head. Is Idris Elba box office poison because of The Dark Tower and The Suicide Squad? Because I don’t think so. I don’t understand why Robbie is the one constantly getting singled out as box office poison, when she is obviously one of the most popular actresses in Hollywood in a very long while, it didn’t start with Barbie. That Will Smith and Robbie were the biggest selling points for Suicide Squad seems rather obvious to me.

Edited by ZattMurdock

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

It was the reason i saw Suicide Squad in the first place.

I regretted doing so (still the worst movie ive ever seen in a cinema), but Robbies Quinn was certainly not one of the reasons. SS was just a fundamentally broken movie.

Batman v Superman is worse imho. Any version. But Squad comes close. I did have fun with the film though because I was completely drunk lol.

36 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

It just come off as sexist shit in my head. I mean, Suicide Squad was a success but Morbius bombed and Leto is on the new Tron whatever that will also likely bomb. I don’t know fam but there is a pattern here and clearly isn’t Margot Robbie’s fault there.

It's not sexist to say that Margot Robbie wasnt exactly drawing in audiences before she did barbie. And don't think for a second that Jared Leto is getting a pass either, he's been ripped to shreds here at this site more times than not.

You got to check your definition of sexist. Sexist isn't criticizing a female because she doesn't do something particularly well. Sexist means you're making fun of her saying that her being a woman is the reason why your films aren't doing well that's of course not the case. 

• Like 4
  • ...wtf 1