upriser7

Weekday numbers July 24-27

7 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

So no one's watching TALK TO ME.

Yes! Tomorrow at 8pm.

$23m Wednesday for Barbie is, yet again, incredible. 

Here in the UK, Wednesday was even bigger than Monday & Tuesday for Barbie.  

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 2
  • Astonished 3

13 hours ago, Shawn said:

Share your final 2nd weekend predictions by 11:59pm ET tonight for Barbie and Oppy.

Closest on each gets a free month of Gold tier (no ads, more likes, etc.).

Must quote this post so it's easy to keep track!

Barbie - $87m

Oppy - $48m

edit: Oops, didn't even notice I was late already.

Edited by Agafin
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, swishy said:

Justice for "I'm Just Ken"! It's been on repeat for me.

it's growing up too and near to top 50 now. I think has a lot of less playlisting. The three songs there are all in a playlist with like 35M followers.

In the Uk there are 4 songs fron the soundtrack in the top 10 (charli xcx too) and I'm just ken is top 15.

Edited by vale9001

1 hour ago, swishy said:

Justice for "I'm Just Ken"! It's been on repeat for me.

Same, ive listen to it all day yesterday. Song hits deep with me honestly and also its just a banger song.

33 minutes ago, Redolent said:

In my local UK cinemas, Barbie seems busier during these last weekdays than it will be during the upcoming weekend. Similar with Oppenheimer but to a lesser extent.

How do the ticket releases work in the UK?

Here in Canada, they release tickets for the weekend on Tuesdays. So I couldn't buy tickets for this Friday or Saturday for movies until a couple days ago. This might play a part in what ticket sales look like going into the weekend.

3 minutes ago, The Gotham Bank said:

Is it safe to say Oppenheimer will start generating pure profit for Universal after the end of this week? I wonder what deal Nolan got for this movie.

He was apparently given 20% of gross. It's unclear if that's just domestic or international. Even just domestic, he's walking away with a ridiculous amount.

10 minutes ago, swishy said:

How do the ticket releases work in the UK?

Here in Canada, they release tickets for the weekend on Tuesdays. So I couldn't buy tickets for this Friday or Saturday for movies until a couple days ago. This might play a part in what ticket sales look like going into the weekend.

Ah right, pretty sure they were released on Monday. Possibly!

2 minutes ago, vafrow said:

He was apparently given 20% of gross. It's unclear if that's just domestic or international. Even just domestic, he's walking away with a ridiculous amount.

Shit, his paycheck might rival Cruise's for TGM if true. Papa Nolan needs a new flip phone.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, across the Jat verse said:

23.5 and 10.6

About under 10% drop for Barbie and 12% for Oppenheimer. This run continues to astound me.

Honestly if you had asked me two weeks ago I would have said a 23 million OD for Barbie would be great. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vale9001 said:

barbie soundtrack going up and up day by day. Yesterday 3 songs in the top 5 of global spotify chart.

Immagine456.png

Disappointed Dance the Night isn't at the top of the pack. That's my personal favorite song from the soundtrack.

9 minutes ago, The Gotham Bank said:

Is it safe to say Oppenheimer will start generating pure profit for Universal after the end of this week? I wonder what deal Nolan got for this movie.

Reportedly the same a Dunkirk.   $20m plus 20% of the gross.  Bigger actors also took less pay for a back end %.

• Astonished 1

I do think Brian Robbins of Paramount saying original IP doesn't work anymore for animation is foolish considering that WB's approach with animated films based on their IP hasn't exactly been a success. I know Sony had a big hit in Spider-Verse but it's really the exception.

Warner Bros Pictures Animation is aiming to have both original and IP related films. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, across the Jat verse said:

23.5 and 10.6

can someone tell me why 90m is considered "possible" by reliable sources? I see no way this movie misses 90m short of it seeing no increase from Monday - Friday

Edited by Cheddar Please