upriser7

Weekday numbers July 24-27

1 hour ago, SchumacherFTW said:

The answer for a new Jurassic is simple. Space. 

Jurassic Fast Furious cross over....in space 

3 hours ago, baumer said:

357 million is basically unattainable. That was a perfect storm as it was the culmination of the greatest phase in mcu. Nothing else is going to touch that in my opinion. Jat said there were 33 million admissions that weekend. Do you know how insane that is? How many movies have made 357 million dollars in there entire run domestically? I'm not going to look it up right now but my guess is less than 100. If any film in the next 20 years grosses 357 million opening weekend it would shock the living hell out of me. 

People used to say this about 200 million opening weekend or 600 million domestic or hell a billion worldwide.

Barbie TDK and Oppy Inception comparisons (First Tuesday):

TDK: 20,8M (-14% from Monday)

Barbie: 25,5M (-2,23% from Monday)

Inception: 9,7M (-4,1% from Monday)

Oppy: 12M (-4,76% from Monday)

Barbie is gaining more and more on TDK's trajectory and Oppy is closely following Inceptions percentage drops, but with bigger numbers.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Barbie TDK and Oppy Inception comparisons (First Tuesday):

TDK: 20,8M (-14% from Monday)

Barbie: 25,5M (-2,23% from Monday)

Inception: 9,7M (-4,1% from Monday)

Oppy: 12M (-4,76% from Monday)

Barbie is gaining more and more on TDK's trajectory and Oppy is closely following Inceptions percentage drops, but with bigger numbers.

The Inception comp will become actually relevant after the second weekend drop. While it did well on OW for an original movie, that ending and word of mouth really materialized on the second weekend onwards.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

Fantastic! Are we thinking Barbie can do over $100M and Oppy do over $50M this up-coming weekend?

Keep in mind Haunted Mansion is going to steal PLF from Barbie this weekend, 100 seems kinda tough.

Edited by JustLurking

If Jurassic Park comes back, it just needs to do one thing:

have a functioning park.

In 6 films they’ve only had that once. It’s what people actually want to see. That’s why Jurassic World was so big. 

2 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Keep in mind Haunted Mansion is going to steal PLF from Barbie this weekend, 100 seems kinda tough.

PLFs have no contracts. So if Haunted Mansion is underperforming in PLFs, theaters can switch as sharing with Barbie pretty much immediately. IMAX has exclusivity, PLFs don't.

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

PLFs have no contracts. So if Haunted Mansion is underperforming in PLFs, theaters can switch as sharing with Barbie pretty much immediately. IMAX has exclusivity, PLFs don't.

Can they? From my understanding from the tracking thread Disney has secured those screens for HM this weekend regardless of how much better Barbie does.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Looking back, there were a lot of mistakes made with that movie. The marketing was bizarre, there wasn't any real hook, and it had an awful release date which was awful even before the Barbenheimer phenomenon took shape. The "Part One" moniker was the tip of the iceberg. There's a reason the likes of Avengers 3 and Spider-Verse 2 ultimately dropped it by the time their marketing began.

I am so utterly dreading the short sighted Josstice-level reshoots that are inevitable for MI8 now.

Why do you keep going on about Mission Impossible 8 becoming the next JL, like it's not going to happen like ever and the previous comment about Simon Pegg descending into alcoholism, not cool either. 

• Like 1

Barbie has 3 songs in the global top 10 of Spotify with Eilish Song at #3 with more than 5M streams daily.

It's good how WB got soundtracks are a crucial accessory to female driven movies...from Grease to The bodyguard to dirty dancing and Titanic original soundtracks really matter for these movies. 

22 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Am I the only one that finds this type of "news" to be incredibly dull and boring?  

She is being asked if she specifically wants to direct Bond/action/superhero/etc types of films and then it's fucking news when she doesn't flat out say no??

• Like 9