Shawn Robbins

The Box Office Buzz, Tracking, and Pre-Sale Thread

There is no chance for Fly me to beat longlegs. I dont think there is any data where they are even close. At my end its 5x plus in comps. 

Anyway I will ignore theaters impacted by hurricane as it will take days to restore power. Have to feel for people living over there in 100 degree weather and no power 😞

XAbBat.jpg

• Sad 5

Yea I don’t think Fly Me To The Moon is hitting double digits. Shame, I think it looks good.

Hadn’t bothered even looking at Longlegs until today. And all I can say woah… unless this is massively frontloaded, I don’t see why this can’t do Don’t Worry Darling numbers. The low theater count could hurt it, but based on these presales 20M doesn’t seem out of the question.

28 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Fly me to moon MTC1

Previews - 3931/119410 54805.61 1109 shows

Friday - 4152/183394 57967.04 1684 shows

One word is ouch. Probably looking high single digits OW due to the star cast.  

Jesus. I thought this had decent presales and EA?

People like their romantic comedies to look sexy and hot. Fly Me To The Moon has none of that. The concept is also weird af for a romantic comedy.

24 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Jesus. I thought this had decent presales and EA?

It did have decent EA, but as always, that is no guarantee of strong previews/OW. Been trying to say that for the last two days :) 

23 minutes ago, abracadabra1998 said:

It did have decent EA, but as always, that is no guarantee of strong previews/OW. Been trying to say that for the last two days :) 

I do wonder how much of the date crowd might be enticed by T-Mobile $5 deal to give Fly a chance this weekend. Fence sitters might just say for $5, why not.

I guess we’ll know soon enough. 

• Like 1

NY Regal Local (Tuesday)

Longlegs: 88/512  (2 showings)

57 tickets for Friday (5 showings)

COMPS

Bikeriders: $4.56m (R)
AQP3: $10.14m (PG-13)
Challengers: $4.78m (R)
Furiosa: $5.04m (R)
Friday Night Freddies: $4.18m (PG-13)
John Wick 4: $6.53m (R)

Fly Me To The Moon: 9/984

Low numbers and too few similar type of films to get any good comps

COMPS

Anyone But You: $3.6m
Love Again: 360k
Lost City: $1.18m

So, there's that - so helpful

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Fly me to moon MTC1

Previews - 3931/119410 54805.61 1109 shows

Friday - 4152/183394 57967.04 1684 shows

One word is ouch. Probably looking high single digits OW due to the star cast.  

Apple better not try to have consumers subsidize their box office bombs by increasing their phone or computer prices 

5 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Why is Longlegs breaking out? Its a Neon film that looks like the typical A24 horror film after seeing the trailer.

The marketing has been on point. On point is probably putting it mildly. Fantastic campaign by NEON, starting with the first little teasers that didn't have a name or any sort of context attached to them.

• Like 1

Sorry, is Shrek 5 actually dated? I'm also iffy on Avengers making that date. Masters of the Universe will probably bomb.

(Not trying to be a negative Nancy), but also trying to keep my expectations in check.

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

Sorry, is Shrek 5 actually dated? I'm also iffy on Avengers making that date. Masters of the Universe will probably bomb.

(Not trying to be a negative Nancy), but also trying to keep my expectations in check.

Just an hour ago. Dreamworks officially announced it

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Everyone was saying 2025 would be the big rocking year until reality set in and they realized there actually weren't all that many big things scheduled, so I'm not looking that far ahead right now. Still want 2024 to save face.

Hope Moon and Longlegs do a lot better than those Deadline numbers otherwise I'm not really gonna be able to push back against the doomers next week.

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 1