Issac Newton

Weekend Thread | Estimates - Barbie $53M (hit a billion!), Meg2 $30M, Oppy $28.7, TMNT - $27.95M (5-day $43M), HauntedMansion $8.97M

4 minutes ago, abracadabra1998 said:

This conversation is making me wanna do a marathon of all the transformers movies. The only one I ever watched was Age of Extinction in the theaters and even 15-year old dumbass me realized that was god awful 

…Should I do it…?

Only if you do them all at once.

• Astonished 1

8 hours ago, Blankments said:

It's August @WrathOfHan @Eric the Turtle:

30x:

Oppenheimer: Nope Dolby, The Black Phone, Nope Round 2 IMAX, Bullet Train Dolby, Jaws Round 2 IMAX, Avatar Round 4 IMAX 3D, Avatar: The Way of Water Round 2 Dolby HFR48fps3D, The Pale Blue Eye, Avatar: The Way of Water Round 3 IMAX 3D, Avatar: The Way of Water Dolby HFR48fps3D Round 4, Knock at the Cabin Dolby, Close, 2022 Live-Action Oscar Shorts, Moving On, Inside, How to Blow Up a Pipeline Round 2, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Dolby, Fast X Dolby, Crooklyn 35mm, Rushmore 35mm, Moonrise Kingdom 35mm, The Grand Budapest Hotel Round 2 35mm, Asteroid City, Asteroid City Round 2, Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny Dolby, Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One Dolby, Nope Round 3 70mm, Boogie Nights 70mm, Inception Round 3 70mm, Babylon Round 2 70mm

17x:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem: Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves Dolby, The Super Mario Bros. Movie Dolby, The Little Mermaid IMAX, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Dolby, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Dolby Round 2, Transformers: Rise of the Beasts Dolby, Elemental 3D, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Round 4, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Round 3 Dolby, The Super Mario Bros. Movie Round 2, The Blackening, No Hard Feelings, Barbie, Haunted Mansion Dolby, Theater Camp Round 0, Barbie Round 2 Dolby

15x:

Gran Turismo: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Dolby, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Dolby, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Dolby Round 2, Elemental 3D, Elemental Round 2, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Round 4, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Round 3 Dolby, Asteroid City, Asteroid City Round 2, Ruby Gillman, Teenage Kraken, No Hard Feelings, Barbie, Oppenheimer IMAX 15/70mm, Barbie Round 2 Dolby, The First Slam Dunk

13x:

Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One: Top Gun: Maverick Dolby, Jurassic World Dominion IMAX, Top Gun: Maverick Round 2, Elvis Dolby, Avatar: The Way of Water Round 3 IMAX 3D, Titanic Round 2 Dolby HFR48fps3D, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Dolby, You Hurt My Feelings, Transformers: Rise of the Beasts Dolby, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Round 4, Asteroid City, Asteroid City Round 2, Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny Dolby

The Marvels: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Dolby, Fast X Dolby, The Little Mermaid IMAX, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Dolby Round 2, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Round 4, Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny Dolby, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One Dolby, No Hard Feelings, Haunted Mansion Dolby, Theater Camp Round 0

7x:

Barbie: Avatar: The Way of Water Dolby HFR48fps3D, Magic Mike’s Last Dance Dolby, The Super Mario Bros. Movie Dolby, Elemental 3D, Elemental Round 2, The Super Mario Bros. Movie Round 2, Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One Dolby

Wish: The Little Mermaid IMAX, Elemental 3D, Elemental Round 2, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Round 4, Ruby Gillman, Teenage Kraken, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, Haunted Mansion Dolby

Blue Beetle: Evil Dead Rise, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Dolby Round 2, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Round 3 Dolby, The Super Mario Bros. Movie Round 2, Ruby Gillman, Teenage Kraken, Barbie, Barbie Round 2 Dolby

Trolls Band Together: The Super Mario Bros. Movie Dolby, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Dolby, Elemental Round 2, The Super Mario Bros. Movie Round 2, Ruby Gillman, Teenage Kraken, Haunted Mansion Dolby, Barbie Round 2 Dolby

6x:

Strays: Cocaine Bear, Evil Dead Rise, Fast X Dolby, You Hurt My Feelings, The Blackening, No Hard Feelings

Passages: Nope Round 3 70mm, Boogie Nights 70mm, Inception Round 3 70mm, Babylon Round 2 70mm Oppenheimer Round 2 70mm, Kokomo City

4x:

White Bird: Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Dolby, Elemental 3D, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Round 3 Dolby

Oldboy: Sanctuary, Asteroid City Round 2, Nope Round 3 70mm, Inception Round 3 70mm

Meg 2: The Trench: Fast X Dolby, Transformers: Rise of the Beasts Dolby, Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny Dolby, No Hard Feelings

Migration: The Super Mario Bros. Movie Dolby, The Super Mario Bros. Movie Round 2, Ruby Gillman, Teenage Kraken, Barbie

Haunted Mansion: Elemental Round 2, Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny Dolby, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, Barbie

Drive-Away Dolls: Asteroid City, Asteroid City Round 2, Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One Dolby, Talk to Me

My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3: Asteroid City Round 2, Ruby Gillman, Teenage Kraken, Barbie, Haunted Mansion Dolby

The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes: Lightyear Dolby, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Round 4, Asteroid City, Barbie Round 2 Dolby

Reveal hidden contents

@Eric the Turtle

18x:

Oppenheimer (Nope, Bullet Train, Jaws IMAX, Avatar Re-Release, Avatar: The Way of Water IMAX, M3GAN, Knock at the Cabin, Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania, Creed III, Shazam! Fury of the Gods, John Wick: Chapter 4, Air, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, Fast X, Past Lives, Transformers: Rise of the Beasts, Asteroid City, Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny)

8x:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem (Shazam! Fury of the Gods, Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves, The Super Mario Bros. Movie, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse, Transformers: Rise of the Beasts, Elemental, Barbie, Mission: Impossible Dead Reckoning Part One)

7x:

Mission: Impossible Dead Reckoning Part One (Top Gun: Maverick, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, Fast X, Transformers: Rise of the Beasts, Asteroid City, No Hard Feelings, Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny)

6x:

Gran Turismo (Fast X, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse, Transformers: Rise of the Beasts, Elemental, Barbie, Oppenheimer)

5x:

Barbie (Avatar: The Way of Water Dolby, Magic Mike's Last Dance, Shazam! Fury of the Gods, The Super Mario Bros. Movie, Elemental)

4x:

Strays (Cocaine Bear, Beau Is Afraid, Fast X, No Hard Feelings)

3x:

Blue Beetle (Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse, Transformers: Rise of the Beasts, Barbie)

The Creator (Transformers: Rise of the Beasts, Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny, Oppenheimer)

Dune: Part Two (Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny, Oppenheimer)

The Last Voyage of the Demeter (Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny, Oppenheimer, Mission: Impossible Dead Reckoning Part One)

2x:

Challengers (No Hard Feelings, Barbie)

Drive-Away Dolls (Asteroid City, No Hard Feelings)

Haunted Mansion (Barbie, Mission: Impossible Dead Reckoning Part One)

A Haunting in Venice (Past Lives, Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny)

Killers of the Flower Moon (Oppenheimer, Mission: Impossible Dead Reckoning Part One)

The Marvels (Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse)

Meg 2: The Trench (No Hard Feelings, Mission: Impossible Dead Reckoning Part One)

Migration (The Super Mario Bros. Movie, Barbie)

My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3 (Asteroid City, Barbie)

Oldboy Re-release (Past Lives, Asteroid City)

Talk to Me (Beau Is Afraid, Past Lives)Talk to Me (Beau Is Afraid, Past Lives)

Theater Camp (Asteroid City, No Hard Feelings)

1x:

Bob Marley: One Love (Mission: Impossible Dead Reckoning Part One)

The Color Purple (Barbie)

Elio (Elemental)

The Exorcist: Believer (Oppenheimer)

Five Nights at Freddy's (Fast X)

The Holdovers (Oppenheimer)

Insidious: The Red Door (No Hard Feelings)

Joy Ride (Air)

Landscape with Invisible Hand (Asteroid City)

Napoleon (Mission: Impossible Dead Reckoning Part One)

Problemista (Past Lives)

Trolls: Band Together (The Super Mario Bros. Movie)

White Bird (Elemental)

Wish (Elemental)

10 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

ELEMENTAL 😞

The legs was cut short abruptly. I still couldn't understand why animation is so vulnerable facing a direct competition. I thought the movie can easily beat Elvis until it isn't. 

• Like 1

I think there is more nostalgia for Bayformers than people think. All of them topped the charts on Netflix when they showed up there earlier this year and on YouTube clips from them have millions of views even the second one with loads of comments gushing 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

The legs was cut short abruptly. I still couldn't understand why animation is so vulnerable facing a direct competition. I thought the movie can easily beat Elvis until it isn't. 

Part of it is also screen count. Many theaters will keep a screen and showings for a movie specifically for animation/children/family. Elemental benefitted from that all summer, and now those are finally taken away now that there’s a new animated flick

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

I think there is more nostalgia for Bayformers than people think. All of them topped the charts on Netflix when they showed up there earlier this year and on YouTube clips from them have millions of views even the second one with loads of comments gushing 

I wouldn't put too much stock into Netflix charts. Pretty much anything freshly added rises to the top. And it's not like there haven't been Transformers movies since then. I don't really know what the nostalgia would be. But then again, I much prefer the movies where I can tell what's happening and who's on screen, so maybe I am way outside the target base.

3 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Pretty much all the Disney movies got legs cut out and didn't make the milestones...Disney decided to protect its later movies over its earlier releases b/c the later movies didn't do as well...and they had a lot of movies to try to protect (the danger of releasing so many blockbuster movies in one 2 month corridor...

GOTG 3 missed $360M

Mermaid missed $300M (and will now be getting the push with the sing along)

Elemental definitely is missing $160M and has a small chance of missing $150M if it's the dump for Demeter next week,

10 minutes ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

Goddamn poor Elemental got taken behind the shed this weekend domestically, it's up to international to get it to 500m now

Doesn't seem to be doing much in Japan from what i've seen so it's likely dead.