The Wild Eric

Weekend Thread (8/11-13) | Demeter 750K Previews

26 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Edwards is just awful overall. Godzilla 14 remains the most infuriating blockbuster in comparison to its masterclass marketing I have ever seen. I hate it so so much. 

Rogue One is one of the only movies to legitimately put me to sleep during the first two acts, I simply don’t sleep through movies. Horrifically dull and uneventful until they are handed the third act on a silver platter thanks entirely to ANH nostalgia. He is a terrible blockbuster director overall, get him off of my big budget tentpoles. 

shit-crap.gif

• Heart 1

Rogue one is the best new star wars film by far. It actually does world building, has exciting scenes, beautiful shots, and a solid story. Maybe not the best film ever made but definitely solid, way better then the rest of the Disney star wars.

Solo I always thought was actually much better then I thought it would be. The story was very good and all the characters were likeable... It just should never have been a movie about han solo. It never feels like it's actually the same han as the original star wars. And also the origin of his name was the worst moment in all of films century long history. Like WHY DID HIS NAME NEED A STUPID ORIGIN. WHY COULDN'T IT HAVE JUST BEEN HIS ACTUAL NAME

• Like 5

@CJohnbuddy I found the movie cobweb here on Amazon Prime in canada. I'm ordering a pizza and then I'm going to watch it. I'll give you my thoughts on it later, I hope it's as good as you say it is 🙂

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

Let's not lose sight of the fact that this week's pages long star wars digression is only happening because @Cmasterclay is a virulent racist. 

I can't believe I am being accused of taking part in one of the most hateful and evil things possible.

Oh, and racism is bad also.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@CJohn this movie has definitely got original Halloween vibes to it. It takes place in Holden field and the city and Halloween was haddonfield. There was even some framing at the beginning where the little kid kind of look like young Michael Myers from the original Halloween at the very beginning.

• Like 1

Watched an early afternoon showing of Oppenheimer again today after my neighborhood AMC gave it some Dolby showtimes this weekend. Probably 30-40 people total in attendance which is very good for a movie in its fourth weekend. If Gran Turismo wasn’t taking the 7:00pm showing tonight and tomorrow, I am sure it would easily reach 50%-75% capacity at a minimum. This is a terrific showing for a 3 hour, R-rated biopic.

10 minutes ago, baumer said:

@CJohn this movie has definitely got original Halloween vibes to it. It takes place in Holden field and the city and Halloween was haddonfield. There was even some framing at the beginning where the little kid kind of look like young Michael Myers from the original Halloween at the very beginning.

The entire atmosphere is very frightening. That and creepy Antony Starr (the dude that plays the father). The movie also plays it a bit like a fable at some times. I hope you enjoy it.

• Like 1