XXR & Friends

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

7 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

I don't get why 2.8 legs (TLJ) is considered absolutely miserable but 3.1 legs (NWH) is considered great even though it's only 0.3 apart (especially since NWH benefitted greatly from literally 0 competition late in its run). When TLJ dropped 69% it was destroyed by all the keyboard warriors but then NWH dropped the same the consensus was "ehhh whatever it was just Christmas eve."

And also just the holy trinity of inflation/Christmas/zero comp helped NWH a lot, in the alternate timeline where COVID never happened and it came out in July 2021 there's no way it would've made $800M DOM. Probably a 250/650 esque run.

10% difference is meaningful when it comes to a multi. Also omicron was fucking with things throughout the run.

So in terms of live actions it’s:

2024: Agatha and Echo

2025: Daredevil and Iron Heart

2026: Wonder Man and VisionQuest?

No offense to Vision but I rather have a season 2 to Hawkeye, Moon Knight or Ms.Marvel tbh

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

No offense to Vision but I rather have a season 2 to Hawkeye, Moon Knight or Ms.Marvel tbh

Me too, but in a sense both Agatha and Vison are both continuations of WandaVison.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, thajdikt said:

Apparently a Hawkeye 2 season is in the works.

I could do without a Moon Knight second season, I think it was one of Marvel's weakest series.

Edited by dudalb

23 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Dubiousness aside, this is literally the premise of Agent Carter. The second season is even also set in LA

SOmehow I think Taylor Swift is going to be way too expensive for Disney to afford for a TV sereis, and Swift has enough muscle so she could demand a much better known Marvel charector for a serives then 'Blond Phantom".

On 5/21/2024 at 11:40 AM, SpiderByte said:

And the premiere was 4 million with 2 episodes. So viewership actually grew over the course of the season.

Nice news for Disney, since An anitmated TV Superhero show cost a lot less then a live action show. TV animation is not nearly as expensive as movie animatation.

Look for alot ore animated Marvel shows in the future.

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

SOmehow I think Taylor Swift is going to be way too expensive for Disney to afford for a TV sereis, and Swift has enough muscle so she could demand a much better known Marvel charector for a serives then 'Blond Phantom".

If this is in any way true its almost certainly her producing as well. Possibly directing since she has a deal with Disney for a feature to direct as well.

It could work if they just absolutely stack the rest of the cast

6 hours ago, thajdikt said:

All the great characters they haven’t done yet and characters who had shows that are fucking missing from the MCU for years now and they wasted a series on Agatha and Echo. What a fucking travesty.

Posted (edited)

@Eric Furiosa and just mods in general, if Deadpool 3 actually ends up topping Joker WW at $1.075B, is there a way that we can give some type of award(s) to @SpiderByte who created the club, as well as @XXR vs XXR, @ZattMurdock, @Arlborn, @Asyulus, @Nero, @TheFlatLannister, @grey ghost who all went IN pre tracking? Such uncanny accuracy needs to be celebrated, so surprised because based on presales I think has a good chance at happening if it is GOTG 3 quality. 

Edited by HummingLemon496
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

@Eric Furiosa and just mods in general, if Deadpool 3 actually ends up topping Joker WW at $1.075B, is there a way that we can give some type of award(s) to @SpiderByte who created the club, as well as @XXR vs XXR, @ZattMurdock, @Arlborn, @Asyulus, @Nero, @TheFlatLannister, @grey ghost who all went IN pre tracking? Such uncanny accuracy needs to be celebrated, so surprised because based on presales I think has a good chance at happening if it is GOTG 3 quality. 

You're jinxing it at this point.  

5 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Victory (in a club) is its own reward. 👍

• Like 1

I mean we never give awards because people made correct predictions, so no.

• Like 1

Also, gonna be honest with you, @HummingLemon496, saying a MCU film will top 1b ain't that uncanny, even with its dropoff last year. 

On the spicy take scale, it probably rates a Jalapeño, at best

Now saying that TGM will beat JWD and take the summer crown of 2022?!?

That's a SPICY MEAT-A-BALL!

(not a single person "IN'ed" until pre-sales for TGM started to roll in, and even then it was very very slight)

((the first page and a half is absolutely hilarious in hindsight))

• Like 2

Holy christ, stop the cheerleading already. Some of these users have gotten great predictions in the past and some of these users have gotten awful predictions in the past (one of those users literally has a Marvels over 1b club, like cmon), there's no award just like there's no medal of shame, it's a forum, people predict and sometimes they're right and sometimes they're wrong, put out the pedestal and stop trying to refer to authority all the time

(fwiw, this isn't exactly the craziest club ever made either, while keeping in mind that I wouldn't necessarily go in)

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

(fwiw, this isn't exactly the craziest club ever made either, while keeping in mind that I wouldn't necessarily go in)

It isn't a crazy club in the slightest, is the subtext of my post!

Now I am of the belief that clubs should be... Less than 50/50 to succeed.  That is, clubs aren't supposed to *BE* likely.  The whole point of them is the unlikely factor.  Being willing to stand against the grain, look at likely doom and say:  WHO'S WITH ME?  DAMN THE TORPEDOES, FULL SPEED AHEAD!!!

But somewhere along the line, they sorta became a pseudo-prediction contest, where folks tried to bring out their Big Brains and land on the right side of a 50/50 bet (or a 45-55 one).  Which is, fine I GUESS.  But that's what the Derby is for (and when it runs, the Summer and Winter Games).

Not necessarily this club that is being discussed, mind, but sorta kinda addressing how clubs in general started to be perceived. 

No, I consider myself Old School BOT here where I think that a club should at the very least make people stop and think it over a bit and try to see where the person is coming from before reflexively INing or OUTing on a near coin flip bet.

Being funny or clever also helps. :lol: 

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

MCU films are easy to predict. All you have to understand is the fanbase and how they react to certain projects. The Marvels bombing was painfully obvious, and Deadpool 3 strong presales was very obvious.

DC films are way harder to predict because it has an unstable fanbase