Cap

THE UNMARVELOUS WEEKEND THREAD | FEATURING MELTDOWNS, ARMCHAIR ANALYSIS, AND SEXISM

I think MI probably had to lose money based on the reported budget, but $570m worldwide vs sub 200 for roughly the same budgets are not remotely comparable. 

And it does have a bit of a buffer in its defense since Barbenheimer absolutely sucked up all GA interest that month. Again, Marvels was headed to something unspeakable in that og release date. 

7 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Why are we even talking about MI when we have likely the biggest bomb of all time right here?

Some compared those 2 as equal flops…. So i and others had to speak up about that not being true

• Like 1

https://deadline.com/2023/11/the-marvels-opening-global-international-box-office-1235600417/

Disney/Marvel’s The Marvels is headed for an estimated global opening through Sunday of $110M-$115M, which would rep the lowest start ever for a Disney MCU title worldwide.

Are they not counting The Incredible Hulk? It made only around 85M WW during its opening weekend.

3 minutes ago, DInky said:

https://deadline.com/2023/11/the-marvels-opening-global-international-box-office-1235600417/

Are they not counting The Incredible Hulk? It made only around 85M WW during its opening weekend.

85 sounds far more accurate than 110-115 for Marvels though.

And they’re probably not counting it because “MCU” did not exist when Incredible Hulk came out. I would say Thor was the first official one of “MCU” (in real time, not chronologically)

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Astonished 2

14 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

And if you work your further magic maybe TC will do a 40 million dollar straight drama  for you or something after finishing Mission 8 which he might have done anyway. 

We'll see about that. I have my doubts it will happen. If he wanted to do one why did he sign up for two more Missions after TG2. No, something is amiss