Issac Newton

Weekdays Thread | #THU - The Marvels $1.2M, Priscilla $418K, Freddys $355K, KotFM $347K, Holdovers $263K

12 minutes ago, MeMyselfAndI said:

Looks like Ant-Man finished off the MCU, we just didn't notice until now since many people wanted to see the final part of the Guardians of the Galaxy saga.

Nah. The delightful Ms. Marvel will assemble the next team that will save the MCU.

• Haha 3

Just now, Belakor said:

Young Avengers under 100m WW club.

If they actually make that a theatrical release then Disney have it coming. I think a limited series on D+ isn't a terrible idea, but they need to put some actual effort into writing it.

6 minutes ago, Belakor said:

Young Avengers under 100m WW club.

That ain’t getting made. Even as a D+ show.

Marvel will go the same way route that DC did with the Legion of Doom post credit scene with Luthor and Deathstroke.

Just ignore it and never address it again.

Edited by Valencia

1 hour ago, MeMyselfAndI said:

Looks like Ant-Man finished off the MCU, we just didn't notice until now since many people wanted to see the final part of the Guardians of the Galaxy saga.

I actually agree...after all the treading water of Phase 4, Phase 5 was supposed to deliver to the GA "what was the point of the last few years" with the Ant Man movie...and audiences did not care for that point.

They enjoyed GOTG 3 as a send-off (at least those who couldn't quite quit Marvel after Endgame - GOTG 3 still did not beat GOTG 2)...and they were done.

Now, GA might come for a great movie or a really popular character/director/actor, but other than that, they are out...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 3

I would argue it was Eternals, shang-chi and black widow. Regardless of the reception was already the lack of direction present and this were the movies where i started to see "you dont need to watch it" anyway, also by MCU fans defending for example eternals performance. This kind makes a break of the interconnected universe advantage. 

I remember how big of a deal MCU post-credits were and even the one of eternals, was seen as a big spoiler. Now its hard getting excited for beast if the last 5 scenes lead to nowhere. Its not even seen as a big thing.

Yeah if doctor strange 2 and quantumania would have been great it would still push MCU but it didnt start with them.

Edited by Coldbird
  • Like 1

Since January 2021 and debuting with Wandavision, Marvel have released 19 titles. Either TV show seasons or movies.

19 releases in 34 months. And it has certainly felt that way.

Even worse in 2021, from Wandavision to Spider-Man No Way Home only 11 months passed. 8 Titles in 11 months. The level of quality needed to maintain the interest in such a packed release schedule is out of this world. Basically, every single entry needs to be mind-blowing in order to retain audience. At that point I would say they still largely had the trust of audiences. But one mistake and it hurts you VERY badly. Much worse than a company who releases very sparingly.

Look no further, that's what damaged their franchise. Oversaturation. Dilution. They are on the verge of being deleted into obsolescence right now, because of this.

Imagine if any other franchise pulled that shit. No matter how good it is, it would crater to below Earth level in no time.

Baffling to me that Marvel never noticed this crucial mistake, like at all, and not even once considered it as the massive threat it was to their own survival. Because it was always a threat. It was obvious to anyone paying attention the minute they announced the D+ shows in 2019. 3 movies a year was already stretching it... and they went all-in on that

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Marvels tanking no matter how many times people spam its fun and Iman is a delight , no one is interested

The character just doesn’t resonate.

People don’t like Carol herself as a character.

The ultimate Captain Marvel fangirl as a character was never going to land.

It worked for Tony/Peter cause Peter has no adult male figure in his life, Tony was a charismatic multibillionaire with a cool suit he built himself, and audiences loved RDJ Tony.

Kamala loves CM why exactly? 

Cause she’s the strongest Avenger?

Edited by Valencia
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Valencia said:

It worked for Tony/Peter cause Peter has no adult male figure in his life, Tony was a charamastic multibillionaire with a cool suit he built himself, and audiences loved RDJ Tony.

yeah I was thinking that. Her main character trait is that she fangirls over a character that fucks off from Earth 99.9% of the time?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, John Marston said:

yeah I was thinking that. Her main character trait is that she fangirls over a character that fucks off from Earth 99.9% of the time?

No, her main character trait is that she's bubbly and delightful and just...such a joy!

Daenerys Targaryen Smile GIF - Daenerys Targaryen Smile Game ...

• Haha 1

Iman fangirling CM kinds of works in Meta sense but storywise it makes zero sense. Who the fuck on earth knows CM. Barely an activity on earth and to make it worse she has barely a story in space too. 

Literally  in the movie ,fury  calls her to investigate and she just chilling in her spaceship and just ask myself

" does she have alien friends ??

know space law enforcement,??

any recreational places she likes chilling at ??

Or have her  somewhere fighting some monster or anything  etc...

When the carol Danvers is not punching shit ,it's like they have nothing much offer her in the script.

When you watch guardians you feel like your in a briming and expansive and the characters feel like they have a life .

Captain marvel is like one of the most powerful entities in the galaxy and you barely Feel her influence .

Didn't hate the movie and think the three leads do a decent job but any interesting thing is smothered by the ridiculous plot ,lazy script and horrendous editing.

Edited by Liiviig 1998
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Valencia said:

It worked for Tony/Peter cause Peter has no adult male figure in his life, Tony was a charismatic multibillionaire with a cool suit he built himself, and audiences loved RDJ Tony.

I didnt mind CM as a character, but thats a point i agree. She wasnt build up as charismatic leader like cap or a symbol of justice/hope like cap or superman.

Something like a captain america fan girl would give a lot more meat to the script.

Dont know how the comics handle it.